Thread: Stone Wall
View Single Post
Old 06-09-2021, 03:30 AM   #7 (permalink)
Felixir

Book Club Mod

Alley Proprietor

MO & DoM
Banshee

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Charlie Upstead
Gryffindor
Third Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Aurelio Kaiser
Slytherin
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Daxton Prince
Mysteries

Ministry RPG Name:
Nikolai Kaiser
Minister's Office

Diagon Alley Employee:
Ezekiel Ransom-Kruus
Ollivanders
x12 x12
Lovely™ | Captain Hurted | Ariana's Bane | Resident Antagonist | Unparalleled Delight

Weren't... regular.

For a split second, just a wild moment, Nem thought Kingsley knew. He took long enough to get the rest of the words out that they had time to briefly entertain the thought, the flash of fury directed first inwardly and then quickly diverted to Malachi Trent. The next second, while the Ravenclaw was still stammering, it passed. The Headsman had not said anything, it was more than his job's worth to go spilling personal details about his students, especially in such a manner that other students might find out, and he likely understood that his job was one of the first things Nem would target, swift and without mercy.

That... had been a thrilling little moment though. Nem was almost dizzy with it. Their expression changed only infinitesimally, a distracted and almost hungry faraway look, before refocusing. Perhaps the kid would be so preoccupied with finding the right words that he wouldn't notice, but even if he did, it didn't matter. They filed the thoughts away, focused on the matter at hand.

"I see." Well, that made sense. It was a wonder nobody had come to ask Nem anything about it before this moment, even prior to the takeover, though that seemed to be a recurring theme. Not that anyone would have found too much in the way of personal information, given how revealing the whole situation was. Even this they had turned into a power struggle, wrestling control from their own body.

But now Kingsley had questions; Nem was certain it was tearing the kid up, that they might share something in common, that help from Nemesis Upstead was required. They considered Kingsley for a long moment, assessing and deciding, weighing up every word before proceeding. "I just knew. I knew there was a disconnect between what everyone said I was, and what I felt, and that the latter was the truth of it." Every word weighed carefully. "I wish I had a better answer for you; I only know that it was something I always knew. It was easy to grasp the concept, that if I didn't feel like one thing, I must have been another, but it was a few years before I understood that I was something outside of all that." They could have spoken a great deal on this subject for a very long time, but held off. Being careful.

It sounded like they were going to stop there, but after another moment of consideration, Nem added, "If you're questioning this kind of thing, I'd say that's a clue. Not a sure sign, but a clue that there's something worth exploring."

You are Chocolate!