View Single Post
Old 06-07-2021, 03:53 AM   #14 (permalink)
ArianaBlack
Admin
Assistant Forum Manager
Quibbler & Newbie Mod

DMLE & DMT
Ashwinder

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Alfie Adair
Hufflepuff
Second Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Laini Gracae-Ryans
Slytherin
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Tomasz Łaska
Law Enforcement
x10 x1
doesn't proofread tweets | #wrongaboutcereal | #siriusly? | emo to the extremo

Quote:
Originally Posted by astrocat View Post
Ash looked at Schmoe dubiously. UM. Did he need help with that hot cocoa? She was trying to monologue internally (and maybe externally) here. She was Explaining Her Motivations here, just like the villains always did in movies. She was very unimpressed with this take. She'd never be a supervillain now. How was she supposed to give cool supervillain speeches while he was spilling hot drinks on himself??? UM??? Although it might be for the best that she was never going to be a supervillain, and relieving to see that Schmoe was almost the same as before. She took a long sip of hot cocoa. Was it hotter than she would have liked? Yep. But Ash always said that temperature could only be felt in reality, and it had been true so far. So at least she knew she was in the real world because of the burning sensation on her tongue. She took another sip.

"I'm only really here because of that stuff. because I deserve to be here. Because like, stick it to the man, I guess." The man being Lucien Rosier's dead body. "'Do I deserve to be here' is a much simpler question than 'do I want to be here'." THAT was an admission. Ash was 100% sure that she had every right to be here. But she was not always so sure that she'd be better off. Mostly, she was here because she felt that some people didn't want her to be here. And the more they tried to make her leave, the more she tried to stay. So yeah. That was a thing. A Big Thing. That she thought about a lot.

Every action has an equal opposite reaction?
Everything was FiNe. His name was FIN(N)Eas Schmoe, after all. Just a little hot chocolate spillage, aisle one, nothing he couldn't clean up later. What mattered was that Ms. Fox had her hot chocolate and Finneas had a cup of tea waiting for himself on his desk and now he could sit down and not be a safety hazard to everyone and everything around him. All was well.

Sort of.

He bobbed his head as Ashley spoke, hoping to show he was listening attentively. Stick it to the man. What an interesting notion. One Finneas could understand the merit of, but he certainly hoped there was more reason to be--

Ah.

"A much simpler question indeed," Finneas blew on his tea, hoping to cool it down as he thought about the question. For Finneas, the question of wanting to be here was simple. The question of 'Should I be here?' was the more difficult one. "Is it, er, is it a question you hope to answer?"

You are Lemon!