Thread: Art Classroom
View Single Post
Old 06-06-2021, 05:08 PM   #11 (permalink)
aRogueOne

MLE & DERP
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sloane Aubrey Knott
Slytherin
Second Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Hooper Ridley-Rush
Gryffindor
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Jude Joel MacAfee
Law Enforcement

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watson View Post
Now Ingrid had given Lisa some really good advice. Enjoy yourself more than Hogwarts. Solid advice for sure. Lisa .... MOSTLY... felt comfortable in her own skin but often she imagined herself as different things and people. Her imagination constantly ran wild.

Lisa arched an eyebrow at Ingrid as she explained that she’d maybe make clothes in the future. “Me either... My cousin is a fashion photographer maybe I could write to her and see if she has a friend who knows?” suggested Lisa, trying to be helpful. The offer to let Lisa try them on made her feel really special and she appreciated it greatly.

Lisa nodded in agreement. Having an instructor was key but she, too, was unsure if someone was qualified to be an instructor. Maybe she’d work on her own qualifications and then become qualified to teach others. “Which Professor do you think would be the one most likely to know some type of martial art?” she asked, tilting her head as she spoke. Her eyes, however, were focused on folding the origami in front of her. She folded the paper again.

She was curious to see what Ingrid’s reaction was but cautioned herself on showing her own facial expression. “I think she’s fun,” she simply said. “No particular reason why I’m asking except... do you know when her birthday is?” Lisa wanted to get her older friend a present. Maybe she’d make her some origami flowers or cranes for good luck?
Despite only being a third year, Ingrid did like to think of herself as someone who people could really talk to and open up to and that her advice was actually good or at least better than most so helping Lisa was, unlike how some may have seen it, a happy little part of her day. A bright spark, if you will.

Watching the girl arc her eyebrows, she was curious what had caused this expression. Was she passing gas? Did she have some kind of brain wave? Maybe some invisible creature had entered the room and caused her to forget her thoughts. The answer was somehow slightly more unbelievable than her ridiculous thoughts. “You have a cousin in fashion who makes clothes? And…you’d put them in touch with me?” her own eyebrows arching a little now as a small, sceptical smile appeared across her face. Not because she didn’t believe because Lisa was absolutely delightful, it was just nothing like that ever really seemed so easy in her life. “Yeah, that would be amazing! I mean, if they’re not too busy and all” because she imagined fashion designers would be absolutely rushed off their feet.

Which professor was most likely to be a martial arts instructor? “Honestly, I have no idea. I think it would be funny for you to pull Professor Schmoe into this though. I think he’d be…excellent? Or at least he’d try his best and it would be hilarious”. Ingrid really did have a soft spot for her Muggle Studies professor. He was always so kind and sweet, even if interacting with him was about as awkward as watching a PG15 muggle movie with your parents and a kissing scene comes on.

Ingrid simply nodded and smiled a little. “Yeah? I mean we haven’t really hung out a lot I guess so…” who was she to judge really? She certainly wasn’t going to talk bad about the girl anyway. That was not who she was. Pausing for a moment, she tried to think back to a day where Ash had received a birthday card or had received presents of something like that in their dorm room but she couldn’t. “Honestly, I’m not sure. I could maybe try and ask her sometime if you want? Like all cool and not at all obvious and then let you know?” Maybe this was a good time for her to get to know her dorm mate.