Thread: Auditions!!
View Single Post
Old 06-05-2021, 01:14 PM   #47 (permalink)
pundantic

MO
Moke

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Gideon Emerson
Slytherin
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Ferris Karten

x4
Who Am I? Ern's 2460FUN

Kale Trent loved the THEATRE. He loved the energy of actors and people having the courage to be vulnerable on stage even when it was hard, especially when it was hard. So, after each person performed, Kale launched to his feet and gave them a loud round of cheers, some feet thumbing, a whistle or two to be kind. Was it too much? NEVAH!

As he marched up to the stage, he managed to wink at Kinsay who looked a little down. He mouthed, “You did great!” And she got some encouraging thumbs up, too. Nobody was alone today cuz they were all doing this together.

When his feet touched the stage, Kale Trent clicked his heels together, July Garland eat your heart out, and dimpled at the auditioner. “Hello, sir.” Hehe. “My name is Kale Alexander Trent. And I will be performing a musical comedy masterpiece from Singin’ In the Rain— Make ‘Em Laugh.”

He drew his wand and flicked it in the air and music filled the stage area. It was the kind of quick, remarkable magic that he was never really able to conjure in classes. Mostly cuz nothing was as high stakes as a MUSICAL NUMBER!

The sixth year cleared his throat and drew a hat from his back pocket. Props. Of course he had those. He sat in a pretty bevel, think Rockette, and batted his eyelids prettily. “Though the world is so full of a number things, I know we should all be as happy as. But are we?” Blam. “No!” Second foot stomp. ”Definitely no!” Pose of despair. “DeCIDEDLY NO!”

Pause for drama.

Kale ran through the next section, going faster and faster with each word. His eye eyebrows waggled and lips curled upwards in a defiant kind of humour. ”Short people have long faces and long people have short faces. Big people have little humor. And little people have no humor at all!” Kale gasped, gulping down air. “And in the words of that immortal buddy Samuel J. Snodgrass, as he was about to be lead to the guillotine:”

He winked at Ivy. ”MAKE ‘EM LAUGH! MAKE ‘EM LAUGH....” And just like that, Kale was off to the races performing. The sixth year felt like he could be utterly himself on stage, ridiculousness and all. As he sang, working through the number, he was all kinds of big and brash and silly. He was leaping across the stage. Dropping to his knees. Hamming it up to the extreme. He pulled his hat down over his eyes and pretended to walk into walls with dramatic, perfectly choreographed feints.

The sixth year even jumped down into the crowd at one point and started playing with his peers. He draped himself across Teddy’s lap and honked his nose. He fanned Gracelyn with his floppy hat. And playfully swatted his Dad on the shoulder with it as he travelled back up to the stage for his B I G F I N I S H!!!

“Make ‘em laugh!” He sang, flipping mid-air. ”Make ‘em laugh.” Spin spin spin. ”MAKE ‘EM LAAAAAaaaaaAAAAAAUGH!” BIG ARMS. BIG FINISH.

Kale tumbled backward and fell flat on his back. TA DA!