Thread: Auditions!!
View Single Post
Old 06-05-2021, 05:30 AM   #45 (permalink)
ArianaBlack
Admin
Assistant Forum Manager
Quibbler & Newbie Mod

DMLE & DMT
Ashwinder

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Alfie Adair
Hufflepuff
First Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Bronwen Grimaldi
Slytherin
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Tomasz Łaska
Law Enforcement
x10 x1
doesn't proofread tweets | #wrongaboutcereal | #siriusly? | emo to the extremo

Kinsay caught Nem’s greeting and wiggled a finger at him in return, before turning back to snuggle up against Teddy’s shoulder. And then there was Emm. Emm who was MEANT to be on stage. Kizzy applauded quietly after her best friend’s delightfully dramatic entrance, only to wince slightly when Headmaster Trent called her out for it.

But now she was waiting for instructions, her head perking up slightly at the mention of costumes and set design. Kinsay wanted to do those things. But she was also well aware that Emmerson wanted them to have roles in the play together. And even though no one was forcing her to, Kizzy reaaaaaaally didn’t want to risk disappointing anyone. She had already caused enough upset this year to last her an entire lifetime. So instead of getting up to join the other groups behind the stage, she stayed where she was with all her friends who were interested in acting. Maybe this would be fine. Maybe she wouldn’t even get a part and she’d be able to help with costumes by default. Was it bad to hope this? Because it was making her feel guilty and all sorts of uneasy.

It helped that she didn't have to go first. But Gracelyn did such a good job and then Lisa (A FIRST YEAR) went up and did an even better job and and and. How was Kinsay supposed to follow them!? This was horrible. So when it was her turn to walk up to the stage, she did so very nervously.

Um.

*Gulp*

”My name is Kinsay James and …. um. And I’m going to audition with a monologue by Princess Jasmine in the. Um. In Aladdin.” She played with her fidget necklace as she took a moment to collect herself. Not feeling at all confident, she began quietly, ”I just … I just… I um.” Oh no. Oh no oh no oh no. This was already a disaster. ”............ Can I start over?”

She paused a little while, very much aware that she was taking up everyone’s time. ”I.. I just told him the truth.” And step forward. ”Um. That if he marries me, he’ll get… he’ll get an equal partner with an equal say!” She knew all the lines, this wasn’t the problem. ”Why do I have to marry at all?!” She threw her hands into the air, finally starting to settle into the scene. Jasmine was one of her favorite characters ever. She could do this. She could, she could, she could.

”What’s wrong with a woman running the kingdom?!” Her voice was louder and steadier now. ”If I have to marry someone I don’t love, then maybe I don’t want to be a princess anymore!!!”

And. Scene. Thank Circe.

…….

”Um. That’s it. Thanks.” After a QUICK bow she immediately scurried off the stage and went back to her seat, where she sunk ALL THE WAY DOWN. That was the worst thing she had ever done.

You are Lemon!