View Single Post
Old 06-01-2021, 08:33 PM   #66 (permalink)
MadMadamMalfoy
Newbie Mod

MO & DMLE
Chizpurfle

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Norman A. Carton
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Desiree Y. Marchand
Hufflepuff
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Gaston A.L. Marchand
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Normandie A. Carton
Law Enforcement
Rhibear ~ Madam Solo ~ Dark Brooding Girl ~ Accio Jedi ~ Gryffinclaw ~ Just a doll

Text Cut: Q1 catchup
Heath was still nervous about the whole swimwear thing, but the smile from Claudine cheered him up. He had just enough time to smile back at her before Professor Flamsteed began the lesson. LIfting his bowed head, he looked in her direction as she spoke. He wasn’t the least bit surprised to hear that the lesson was about aquatic plants. Honestly, what else would they be doing at the lake at this hour?

As he considered the first question, his thoughts immediately went to gillyweed, but to no surprise, that was the first thing said. He listened to his classmates’ answers, hoping something they said would jog his memory. Finally a tidbit of information popped into his brain, and he took a hand out of the pocket of his Vader hoodie just long enough to raise it. “The purple loostrife is one example,” he said. “It’s an emergent plant, or an aquatic plant that is partially in air.”

Okay, so gillyweed. For the second time today, Heath wasn’t surprised by the direction the lesson took, but he was curious as to what they were going to do with the gillyweed. Was that what they were going to observe in the lake? Or maybe they were going to eat the gillyweed so they could breathe underwater to do something else? He supposed he’d find out soon enough. For now, he focused on the question… a little too focused, it turned out. He spent so much time thinking that his classmates once again beat him to every fact that came to mind.

Feeling frustrated with himself, he racked his brains for something - anything else to say. All he could think of was Harry Potter’s use of gillyweed for the second task in the 1994-95 Triwizard Tournament… but that was more of a History of Magic answer than a Herbology one. Not at all confident in his answer, he kept quiet this time.

If I could take that second chance, If I could make my life anew, If only dreams came true...