View Single Post
Old 05-31-2021, 12:13 AM   #11 (permalink)
Lissy Longbottom
Potterdom Mod
Book Club Mod

DMAC & DoM
Giant

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Moritz Schultz (#0f667e)
Ravenclaw
Seventh Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Nancy Schultz (#ac6f77)
Hufflepuff
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Jabari Rahal (#c54031)
Mysteries

Ministry RPG Name:
Calloway Bennigan (#b8b323)
Accidents & Catastrophes
x11 x1
curly haired prefect - "sometimes I get angry!" - 30/90 - *chicken emoji* - probably @ Disney - I speak dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felixir View Post
"I did what I had to do. For the good side, too, much as nobody is willing to see that." 'Good' was subjective, and not a concept Nem believed in, but it was no doubt how Recard would have preferred to hear them phrase it.

That was it, really. That was what it all came down to. It wasn't a particularly new concept for them either, doing what was necessary in the name of survival, it was just that last term was the first time it had ever been brought out into the open. Unfortunate that it hadn't played out to their clear advantage at the time, but that didn't mean the game was entirely over. "I don't know... I get uncomfortable, talking about that kind of stuff. Feelings, or whatever. Not to be a total cliché or anything. Thank you, though. I'll think about it."

Having swerved opening that can of worms, Nem was far more interested in hearing what Recard had to say. At first, just to gauge the situation, but then...

"Are you referring to the Cult of Walpurgis, Professor Recard?" they asked casually, watching their own hand as they traced a triangular shape on the arm of the chair with the tip of an index finger.
If Nem had done things for the good side, Gabi had certainly missed them. Perhaps her memory was fuzzy, considering all that had gone on. But she'd learned when it came to teenagers to never argue THAT much - they were stubborn, and often times letting them THINK certain things was easier than fighting it.

"Well my door is always open," she told them with a small smile, and then nodding in response to their question. "Yes, that's the one. I worked in the Ministry at the time. Not quite as...dramatic as last term, but still, some similarities," she explained with a small shrug.

Lookin' like a true survivor_________________________________feelin' like a little kid