View Single Post
Old 05-29-2021, 01:24 AM   #18 (permalink)
Waddles
Hufflepuff

DMGS & DMLE
Aethonan

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Margaret (Mamie) Turov
Third Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Peggy Laplace
Games & Sports

Ministry RPG Name:
Gabriel Melo
Law Enforcement
Default we should...wrap this up...didn't this start pre-war?
Constant Vigilance! O_O AWAKE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArianaBlack View Post
Either way, Jack(son) was pleased. Making someone laugh had to make the list of top 5 most magical feelings. There he went with lists again. Maybe he actually was cut out for that #ListLife. Honora was rubbing off on him, eh? Heh. He couldn't wait to recount the story to Jorgie later. She'd probably roll her eyes in that loving way of hers. She never did seem to laugh as hard as he did when it came to his corny jokes.

"Agreed," he smiled, thinking to Sienna and how likely it might be that she'd start adventuring with food. Though, to be fair, she was pretty picky in most things. That's just how Si was though and he loved her for it, of course. Little sisters, heh. "Hope you get more opportunity to experiment!" Food experimentations were some of the best kind. "Let me know if you ever need a taste tester, yeah?" He'd be happy to lend a hand... Or a stomach, rather.

And it wasn't so much that her question regarding the future had unnerved him. It just, er, it caught him off guard. He wasn't ever sure when it came to ~that stuff~ (read: planning ahead), y'know? Liked to avoid the topic whenever he could because if you didn't think about it, then it wasn't a problem. Or, uh, it just didn't seem to be as big a problem. "Oh, definitely. Kind of exhausting, but I'm not very good at sitting still." Literally and figuratively. "Yeah, wow, I definitely feel that, yeah. That's sort of my problem, there are so many things that sound cool, but, like, do I really want to be stuck with just one of them for the rest of my life? I dunno..." It was a conversation he had with himself plenty of times. Never seemed to reach a good conclusion though. That was the main issue.

"It's real cool that you get to help with the family business though," he offered her a genuine smile as he spoke. "How've you been getting on with living at home?" Jackson loved living at home. It was the liiiiiiiiiife. He did want to move out eventually, but he knew how lucky he was to be able to stay with his family for a little bit, at least until he got things figured out. But he also knew that not everyone felt the same way. "Yeah? What sorts of jobs are you interested in?" It was lowkey comforting that they were sort of in similar boats. Jackson often felt like his boat was sinking ten feet underneath sea level. But uh, maybe that was just the overthink taking reign again.
She would definitely keep him in mind if she needed a taste tester. Hopefully she could cook something nice sometime for someone. If that wasn't hte vaguest hope ever. Her extended family liked to eat, at least. Maybe at the next Svensson family gathering, she could do the cooking. "Yes, it sounds like you understand my #1 hobby dilemma," she said with another laugh. She wasn't sure it could be considered fear, but she did feel odd about the thought of committing to a singular top hobby. Or job, for that matter.

She shrugged, thinking about the somewhat awkward situation at home. "It's...fine, I suppose," she said. "I like being near my granddad, he tells really good stories and knows a lot of random history." That was the one perk of living at home. "My dad himself isn't around very much, he travels for work. And my stepmum...we don't see eye to eye." Like on how to do housework, for starters. Her stepmum had been very adamant that magic not be used in the B&B, even when there was nary a Muggle around.

"I'd like to work with people, I think, as a start. I don't really know what else...flexibility, I guess? To find my #1 hobby?"

Her watch hooted, prompting her to shuffle the books she was holding again to check it. "Oh, golly, I need to get going." This was only a side errand, after all, and not her original reason for coming to town. Honora headed toward the checkout counter. "Tell Jorgie I said hello, right?"