Thread: Music Classroom
View Single Post
Old 05-28-2021, 06:25 PM   #32 (permalink)
NiallNIP

DERP
Ravenclaw
Imp

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Quinn Kingsley
Third Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Kittredge Flannigan
Default Sorry sorry sorry about the wait!
The Gay Agenda™< >Homiesexual uwu

Quote:
Originally Posted by astrocat View Post

"That's true. I have no idea why man-eating hedges exist, except for sitting outside sinister and secret evil lairs." She grinned evilly, then giggled. "But yeah, they suck." Just get normal sinister-looking hedges like every other sane supervillain.

Why did they have to talk about Sammy? Because, to be honest, Ash had been wondering the same things about him. If he could really be friends with her AND Cambridge. But she was trying to ignore that, just like with all of her other problems. "I don't think they're dating anymore. No surprise there, to anybody other than her. But... I don't know. I don't want to hate him, you know what I mean? I just- like- but-" Big sigh. Ash rubbed her eye, wearily. "I know too many mean enemies to be able to care the same way about the nice ones. Except Healer Poppy. I think she's overcompensating for something. But other than her, I can't really bring myself to care. Does Cambridge's and Sammy's friendship hurt me? Yeah. But I can't do anything about it, so where do I go from that?" Nowhere was the answer. Ash hated that answer. It made her throat feel tight. There was nothing she felt comfortable doing. Breaking their friendship with each other felt wrong, breaking her friendship with Sammy felt like a loss, and being friends with Cambridge had never been on the table. It was possible that Sammy didn't get why that was. But that was his problem, not hers. Ash knew why they couldn't be friends.

"I hope more people like me as well. But if they just don't like my personality or my views or my methods, that's alright." She wasn't going to change, and neither were they. So it goes.

"Maybe I'll talk to the divination professor. I don't truly believe in divination, but I don't believe in some other things that obviously are real to everyone else." Like Happiness. Some people obviously had it, but Ash didn't even know what it looked like or where to find it. Like peace, which Ash could not find in her heart or anywhere else. Like forgiveness, which Ash wish she had but didn't.

"Maybe I'll talk to her. Maybe." If she remembered... just kidding. If she worked up the courage to do it.
Quinn chuckled a bit. Yep, they would be a good supervillain lair decoration, wouldn't they? He could see Nemesis having some in the future, when they were leading some sort of coup against the Ministry. He knew it would probably happen at some point.

Another hum and frown came from Quinn at Ash's response about Samuel. "Well... sometimes, the nice enemies are the ones you should be worrying about. Because at least with the mean ones..... you know who they are, and what they're capable of," Quinn bit the inside of his cheek. He knew that from experience. "But, either way, anything that's affecting you in any way is important, you know? You shouldn't just ignore something because you don't want to deal with it. And trying to keep up this relationship is affecting you." He sat in thought for a moment. "Think.... think of it like you have a splinter. It's pretty scary to take it out because you know it'll hurt and you'll have a wound, right? Leaving it in won't hurt as bad at first, but the longer you leave it in the more it'll hurt, the longer it'll hurt, and the worse it'll be once you finally take it out. Plus, worse stuff could happen because you leave it in, like, it could get infected, or... well, I guess that's not really important to the analogy, but... you see what I'm saying, right?" He just didn't want Ash to hurt herself for someone else. "It's ultimately up to you for whatever you want to do, but... that's my advice."

Quinn nodded. He understood not wanting to change for anyone else. He... was never really sure if he did change for other people. He felt like he didn't know himself, sometimes.

Quinn also understood having a lack of happiness and peace.... but he knew they were out there, somewhere. And he would find them someday. He felt like he was already moving in the right direction, somehow. He had moments of happiness. "Well, I hope you do. You might be able to get some help to make your memory go back to how it was. I know what I said about not knowing your friendly enemies, but... trust is still an important thing, too."