View Single Post
Old 05-27-2021, 05:58 AM   #30 (permalink)
Chelliephone

Fanfiction Mod
4 Privet Drive Mod

DERP & DoM

Alley Proprietor
Blast-Ended Skrewt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Vera Brinley Thanatos
Gryffindor
Seventh Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mandrake Beery
Slytherin
Third Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Evan Nam
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
Ece Arslan
Nesting Occamy Rentals
Anashti l Brat Pack l Sally & Dr. Finklestein

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolyander View Post
Being unable to have her wand in her possession at all times last term had made it a bit difficult to learn a lot of the spells she should have known already. Not being able to practice outside of lessons really made things difficult but she was doing her best to get to where she felt she should be academically. Which meant she was likely pushing herself too hard at times. "My older siblings? Gosh no! They've all been gone for as long as I can remember." It had always really been the five youngest kiddos. Made sense why no one really knew she had so many siblings if she didn't tell them. "Umm, sometimes?" This past summer she mostly hid in her room and when she did venture out she was the clingy one. "Not anymore. There's a wall that separates mine and Lily's room but it's magically charmed.. we can make it go away if we want to." She nodded. "It stinks. We've never been apart before."

"As long as the chapter is a good one." So far it was going well. It was like a book though, who knew what that last page in the chapter would hold.

Now that had to stink. If she had been in that situation.. she'd probably have spent the entire summer crying. Actually, chances are she would STILL be crying about it. And she thought things between her and Tad were tough sometimes. "Maybe you should try talking to her again? Tell her how you really feel? And let her do the same?" Lia smiled softly. "It's okay. I know I wasn't much help but I don't mind listening."

She nodded. It didn't exactly matter when. If they had to wait until summer that would be fine. "Okay, yeahhhh but it would be worth to get to hug a panda bear!" Would totally rock an injury for that purpose.

Closing her book she smiled at Evan. "Looks like everything's all planned." Not that there had been much to plan.
Had Evan been considering that and the fact she hadn’t had a full term of decent academics like he had before the year prior, he would have offered to show her everything he had learned his first year. If that would have helped he would have been happy to have done so. “Oh?” Well then, not as a full of a house as he was imagining. Though 5 did still seem like a lot. Which he had to then remind himself it really wasn’t and they had similar numbers for members of family all under one roof. “That sounds nice being able to have your own separate spaces for when you want to. Can you make the wall go away for only a little bit and then it goes back up?” Because that would have been even extra cool. “I’m sorry you guys were separated.”

“That’s true. But also sometimes even a bad chapter would be welcomed if it was getting away from another bad chapter.” He hardly cared what would happen this term, if anything, so long as it was not what happened the last.

He knew she was right, when she offered that he should talk to Sol again. And yet… he wasn’t ready. He didn’t trust that it wasn’t just going to be thrown back at him. About how awful he’d been all summer by not being inviting. How he was selfish and silly and mean for not having been supporting her in her grief. And he knew all that, he felt all of that. And yet.. He also knew that as much as he tried to play the part of big older brother and protector, he was just a kid. And a lot of him was hurting and scared and had not been in a position to be a pillar for someone else. He wasn’t ready to have a conversation and be told he was the bad guy, when he already knew it. “I guess so.. It seems something that should be done in person so.. I guess I’ll have to whenever I see her next.” It did seem important for in person, but he was also still stalling. “No, you were helpful. It was nice to just even hear someone say I’m not a terrible person for feeling what I’m feeling.”

He laughed at her next words, because for some reason he could see it clearly of her getting essentially squished by a giant black and white bear the horrifying part and yet still coming out of it with a giant smile because she’d gotten to snuggle the bear. It was comical and yet he also felt she should probably be protected in case the situation arose. “Or to roll down a hill with one.”

He actually had plans to hang out with someone? The idea made him feel warm and fuzzy and his smile grew a bit in response to hers. “Perfect!”

Let them point and laugh at who we are, it's you and me here dancing from the start