View Single Post
Old 05-26-2021, 04:07 PM   #95 (permalink)
MadMadamMalfoy
Newbie Mod

MO & DMLE
Chizpurfle

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Norman A. Carton
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sydney M. L. Masters
Slytherin
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Gaston A.L. Marchand
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Normandie A. Carton
Law Enforcement
Default Mini Activity
Rhibear ~ Madam Solo ~ Dark Brooding Girl ~ Accio Jedi ~ Gryffinclaw ~ Just a doll

Norman resumed walking around the classroom, keeping an eye out for any potential problems, So far, magic appeared to be the more popular option for carving, so he wasn’t overly concerned about anyone injuring themselves with the knives. Still, he would keep an eye out. Once again, he was impressed with his students’ creativity. Mr. Nam’s simple designs got an approving smile. “Very nice, Mr. Nam,” he said.

Cambridge’s bats also earned a smile. A little crudely cut, but Norman wasn’t expecting perfection. He was looking for effort and imagination. “A very festive design! Great job, Miss Cambridge!”

He didn’t notice any mistakes with Blaze’s work. In fact, he thought the sad face on one of the pumpkins was a creative choice, and he appreciated the range of expressions on the pumpkins. “Good work, Miss Blaze!” he said. “Very spooky!”

Elsewhere, Norman saw Gaeltheos and Burke finishing up their conjuring. For the record, it didn’t matter to him what color the pumpkins were. The point of the activity was to learn the conjuring spell and think outside the box. “Keep up the good work, girls,” he encouraged.

He paused for a moment behind Mordaunt’s desk, watching him and Miss Nam work. Only when the Gryffindor had finished with his admittedly eloquent explanation, did Norman speak. “Mr. Mordaunt, I’m awarding five points to Gryffindor for your sound advice to a younger student.” To Miss Nam, he added, “Keep that in mind, and you’ll have this spell down in no time!”

Merlin, was that the time?! When Norman looked at his watch, he saw it was past time to move on and quickly crossed the room. “You may choose one of your jack-o-lanterns to keep,” he said to the class as a whole. “The other two will be used to decorate the school. When you’re done carving, please write your name somewhere on two of your pumpkins. Then you may leave the classroom to place your jack-o-lanterns in other areas of the school, anywhere you think could use a little Halloween decoration.” Merlin, he hoped they’d use their common sense in placing the pumpkins! “If you don’t have two pumpkins, pair up with someone else. You will be coming back here when you’re done -" Hear that, kids? This wasn't a get out of jail class free card! "-so leave your things. You have the rest of class time starting NOW!”

OOC: We’ve reached the mini activity! For this, you’ll need to post your student decorating with their jack-o-lanterns in TWO (2) different threads around the school, Then post in this thread with the links to your posts. Partner/group work is allowed, but each person must post their own links. You may also use this time for catch-up if necessary. You have until 11:59 PM EDT May 28 (about 60 hours) for this activity.

If I could take that second chance, If I could make my life anew, If only dreams came true...