View Single Post
Old 05-26-2021, 03:00 PM   #29 (permalink)
Kolyander

DMC & DERP
Blast-Ended Skrewt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Hadleigh Renee Paton (DarkGreen)
Slytherin
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Bryony Rose Paton (#FF69B4)
Slytherin
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Oceanus Zunther (#bfc2cb)
Ecological Protection
x12
Otter This World ♡ Catpurrccino ♡ Slotherin ♡ Pandamonium

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chelliephone View Post
After all the things that had happened previously at Hogwarts, Defensive spells were something he was very devoted to ensuring he knew how to use. For the most obvious of reasons. He figured prejudice based on his blood status was not something that was going to go away just because the Neo-Alliance had been stopped this time. And his best bet was probably fighting magic with magic. "Do most of them still live at home?" He figured the ones with children probably had their own homes, but that wasn't always the case. With so many siblings it certainly sounded like it would make a house... crowded. "Hard to get time to yourself ever there? Do you have to share a room?" Having his own room had been his saving grace for when he needed to be alone. Which had been often. "I bet. Would have been fun to share a dorm with your sister I'm sure." That's why he had had originally hoped Gryffindor for himself.

A burgundy dahlia? He had definitely never seen one of those before, but he was curious to. It sounded like it would be pretty, and the color had quite an interesting meaning. "I like the meaning of your favorite. A new chapter sounds nice." At least, in some ways. Changes were something the Ravenclaw could also be firmly against.

He didn't even want someone to tell him he was right. He knew he wasn't really... it wasn't a matter of who was right and who was wrong. It was just nice to say what he'd been feeling without... judgement. The summer had been hard enough trying to forget the previous months, but then the added guilty of not being happy at home had been weighing heavily on him. And it's not like it had even been just him piling his own guilt on himself, as his father had also had plenty to say on how he should have been the most welcoming. He started to shake his head when she asked if they had talked about it, but then at the follow up question he had paused, "I did tell her I didn't hate her. She didn't believe me. That was the most we really talked." That was the most he really talked to anyone outside of Maya. "She transferred to Beauxbatons with her... girlfriend, I think?" Good riddance on that one. "I'm sorry for... dumping all that." He was embarrassed now but... also still grateful she'd listened.

"Okay." That sounded fine to him. He wasn't sure he wanted to go home over break but.. if he had to he'd ask for permission. And if he could stay at the castle, summer would just be the winner. "They're adorable. They look so fluffy and cuddly too. Even if they could probably accidentally sit on you and do a fair amount of damage." Because LARGE.

He watched as she added it to her book, before reaching for his planner as well and adding it to his calendar as well. It was... a rather empty calendar, but it felt good to add some type of event with a friend in there.
Being unable to have her wand in her possession at all times last term had made it a bit difficult to learn a lot of the spells she should have known already. Not being able to practice outside of lessons really made things difficult but she was doing her best to get to where she felt she should be academically. Which meant she was likely pushing herself too hard at times. "My older siblings? Gosh no! They've all been gone for as long as I can remember." It had always really been the five youngest kiddos. Made sense why no one really knew she had so many siblings if she didn't tell them. "Umm, sometimes?" This past summer she mostly hid in her room and when she did venture out she was the clingy one. "Not anymore. There's a wall that separates mine and Lily's room but it's magically charmed.. we can make it go away if we want to." She nodded. "It stinks. We've never been apart before."

"As long as the chapter is a good one." So far it was going well. It was like a book though, who knew what that last page in the chapter would hold.

Now that had to stink. If she had been in that situation.. she'd probably have spent the entire summer crying. Actually, chances are she would STILL be crying about it. And she thought things between her and Tad were tough sometimes. "Maybe you should try talking to her again? Tell her how you really feel? And let her do the same?" Lia smiled softly. "It's okay. I know I wasn't much help but I don't mind listening."

She nodded. It didn't exactly matter when. If they had to wait until summer that would be fine. "Okay, yeahhhh but it would be worth to get to hug a panda bear!" Would totally rock an injury for that purpose.

Closing her book she smiled at Evan. "Looks like everything's all planned." Not that there had been much to plan.

You are Bread!