View Single Post
Old 05-25-2021, 04:35 AM   #26 (permalink)
sweetpinkpixie

Wizarding World RPG Admin
Minister for Magic

DoM & MO

Alley Proprietor
Romanian Longhorn

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Anna Walles
Hufflepuff
Sixth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sage Ransom-Kruus
Slytherin
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Charles Hollingberry
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Airey Flamsteed
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
Zachaël Lufkin
Owl Post

x12 x12
astronomizzle ♧ gryffinDORK | & the rest is drag ♣ #badluckDerf

Quote:
Originally Posted by astrocat View Post
Ash's smile vanished in about 0.2 seconds. Ash had nothing against Atlas Flamsteed. But she thought his question was rude and uncalled for. So...

"No." It was a cold response, and a firm one, but nothing nicer was coming, because Ash wasn't a nice person, not even on her good days. Atlas shouldn't hold his breath. Atlas could take his pet out for a walk or whatever. He could share the treehouse. They could even have a conversation if he was feeling nice and/or stupid. But she was absolutely not leaving. This was a safe place for her and she was happy. What was the deal with Atlas Flamsteed anyway? Why did he hate her so much? Whatever. He could get in line after Cambridge, James, and Gemma. He could get the enemy starter kit, full of notes to gossip about her, mean insults to say, and things to remind himself that it was okay to hate her because she wasn't a real person with feelings and motives anyway.

"I'm drawing Lisa right now, and I'm not leaving until I'm done." She held up her drawing. "See? I'm only halfway." She smiled briefly. Not at Atlas though. Only for Lisa. She could paint faster, but the more he wanted her to get out of his way, the less she wanted to do so. And she was here first. If he wanted to avoid her, her could go somewhere else. "Is it extremely important that I leave right now? Because explosions count as reasons I should leave. You hating me does not count." And judging by his tone of voice, there were no explosions coming. She didn't even switch to a more tense posture, because he wasn't worth ruining her day over.
It was funny how often direct and rude seemed to overlap. What Atlas felt was rude was when people made small talk and beat around the bush to stall or soften the blow before getting to the point. It felt like a waste of everyone's time and the more polite thing would to be quick and efficient. So...Atlas was being that just now.

Did he like the answer?

No.

But it was what it was.

Not wanting to climb all the way back down, Atlas looked at his hand and the glimpses of blue fur peeking out through his fingers and sighed before reluctantly climbing the rest of the way up and climbed into the treehouse. But on the other side, away from Ashley and her art. But mostly away from her and her hostility.

"It's a nice drawing," he offered before settling himself into a corner with his back to her and his feet pressed up against the wooden walls to make a pair of rudimentary walls with his legs. "No. I just don't enjoy being in your presence. You make strong accusations and judge people on things you could not even begin to understand." He was simply answering her questions and doing so honestly. His tone was mostly innocent, but there was a fair bit of frustration behind his words. That mostly showed on his face, which was facing away from her right now so it wasn't something she would be able to see. He was instead watching as Araneus slowly crawled out of his palm and to the floor of the treehouse. "I don't like you, but I don't hate you."

When youre stuck in a moment and your spark has been stolen .................................................. ...........
this is our time to own it, so own it.....................................
baby we were born with fire and gold in our eyes