View Single Post
Old 05-24-2021, 05:28 PM   #40 (permalink)
Krel Ansell

DMLE & DIMC
Mooncalf

Ministry RPG Name:
Conley Singh-Phora
International Cooperation

Ministry RPG Name:
Hugo I. Bumble
Law Enforcement
x1
Default Bowing out so this can wrap up :)
*randomly tagged* | Norbert(a) | The Wandmaker (tm)

Well, this was turning into a party wasn’t it? Conley hadn't expected anyone else to respond after Meriwether had shown up. Surprise was likely plastered all over the DIMC Department Head’s face. If it had just been him and Upstead, he might have voiced his concerns to the man. He might have even said something to Meriwether considering he had been there in the Technology lab with Conley dealing with the fires and Goldwasser. But with others around, he didn’t think it prudent to say anything. He was still debating things when something else pierced his thoughts. "Another?!" he asked looking around the small group of men. He'd been a bit preoccupied with the dragon retrieval mission, but he hadn't thought he'd been that preoccupied. How could he not have known about people disappearing? And inside the Ministry no less! "How many people have gone missing?" And for how long had this been going on? His fingers twitched as if they were going to reach for his wand to send off another patronus. The only thing keeping him from doing so was Sachin's voice in his head telling him he was being paranoid and over protective again.

"I just came across that shoe. It had blood on it and that was why I sent my patronus...." He tried not to give Upstead a look. Yes, he really should send out an alert. His attention was drawn to the young man asking about forensics. Eager that one, wasn't he? He glanced down at his watch. "I have a meeting with the German Ambassador shortly... Upstead, Meriwether took my statement, but you know where to find me if you need more information." Yes Upstead, feel free to stop by. Surely the man had the same suspicions Conley himself had? Then again, maybe with all that happened this past year, Conley was being unconsciously biased. He rubbed his burnt arm. There was a reason he was no longer working for MLE after all.

"Mr. Pendragon..." He gave the unspeakable a nod. ”Thank you for your assistance. You too Meriwether…” And while the meeting with the Ambassador was true, Conley also felt the need to excuse himself from MLE business while he had the chance. He broke away from the group.