View Single Post
Old 05-24-2021, 03:37 PM   #77 (permalink)
MadMadamMalfoy
Newbie Mod

MO & DMLE
Chizpurfle

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Norman A. Carton
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sydney M. L. Masters
Slytherin
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Gaston A.L. Marchand
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Normandie A. Carton
Law Enforcement
Rhibear ~ Madam Solo ~ Dark Brooding Girl ~ Accio Jedi ~ Gryffinclaw ~ Just a doll

As the students practiced, Norman made his rounds about the room, taking care not to step in any glitter that may have fallen to the floor. So far, he didn’t see any problems… a few odd-looking pumpkins here and there, but that was to be expected. One such pumpkin that caught his eye was the orange and white one on Mr. Nam’s desk. “Good start, Mr. Nam,” he encouraged. “The important thing is that you conjured a pumpkin.” That was an accomplishment in and of itself, regardless of what the pumpkin looked like.

He saw that the younger Nam had also produced a pumpkin. He was impressed! Conjuration was a difficult branch of magic, especially for a first year. “Great job, Miss Nam!” he said. “Keep at it.” Elsewhere, Blackthorne and O’Hanlan-Draven appeared to be having some success with the spell, and they too received words of praise. “Nicely done, Miss Blackthorne! You too, Miss O’Hanlan-Draven!”

Norman overheard the two first years (Gaeltheos and Burke) practicing the pronunciation...well, kind of. That wasn’t the only thing he heard in the conversation. “Nice pronunciation, ladies,” he said. “Keep practicing.” In other words, spell now; chat later.

He paused behind Blaze’s desk, watching her take her time with the wand movement before attempting the spell. “Great wand movements, Miss Blaze,” he said, keeping his eyes on the skull to see if her spell would succeed, and with such precise wand movements, he didn't see any reason why it wouldn't.

Out of the corner of his eye, Norman spotted Kingsley’s mushy pumpkin. “Good first attempt, Mr. Kingsley,” he encouraged. “You can do it!”

Making his way back to the front, Norman gave some words of encouragement to the class as a whole, “You’re doing great so far! Keep working, and remember concentration and visualization are key.”

OOC: I love these pumpkin designs! There’s still 12-24 HOURS until we move on.

If I could take that second chance, If I could make my life anew, If only dreams came true...