Thread: Music Classroom
View Single Post
Old 05-24-2021, 11:42 AM   #29 (permalink)
astrocat
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Brandon Fox
Hufflepuff
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Phoebe Calypso [s]Dupont[/s]
Slytherin
Second Year
Which came first, the phoenix or the flame?

SPOILER!!: Quinn
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiallNIP View Post
They could have evolved in, like, so many other directions to make the soil work for them. But Quinn chose not to vocalize that, because then it would be a quasi-argument over something stupid. Instead, he just finished it off with, "Yeah, I guess. But I definitely would rather man-eating hedges didn't exist. Those suck bad, you can't deny." Why would a hedge eat a person? Regular hedges were just fine. They didn't need to eat people and they were still hedges.

Quinn pointedly didn't respond to the not so bad comment. He didn't want to talk about that incident anymore. He had already forgiven Eden for it so there was no use getting upset about it again, but he didn't quite like how Ash viewed it. She may have been fine being threatened with death last term, but he was not. Especially when he was just there—didn't do a single thing wrong!—but he got lumped in for it. So, yeah, in Quinn's opinion, it was pretty bad.

Quinn didn't know much about flirting. He wasn't very comfortable when it came to romance.... he thought that reading about it was nice, or that other peoples' relationships were cute—a lot of the younger kids seemed like they didn't know what they were doing, though, in his opinion. He didn't think that he would be any better if he were to get into a relationship—which, he wouldn't be anytime soon, maybe ever—but the way they did things... maybe not the best way to do things. Aries and Kinsay, for instance. He honestly wasn't sure if you could really call them a couple. Emmerson and Samuel.... he thought that Emmerson would probably ruin that by herself. Either way, romance wasn't for him. No matter how many butterflies he got. Or cheek smooches he gave. Butterflies were deceptive little creatures, and cheek smooches.... were friendly. Friendly cheek smooches. "Well, I think that sounds like a nice charity, at least. If you end up starting it I'd like to help, or at least support it."

Quinn hummed and side-frowned. "Well, I don't think it's fair for you to be down a friend because Emmerson is a horrible person. Samuel should really distance himself from her. But if he's still supporting her after everything she did last term... then he kinda sucks, too, right? Emmerson literally sucks. I don't know one redeeming quality—I mean, I don't know her well, but I don't really want to. And if he still wants to be her friend, let alone boyfriend, after all that? That's basically saying that he doesn't care that she did that stuff. At least, that's my view on it," he shrugged. Quinn didn't have room to give second chances to people who were horrible for no reason. Especially when they showed no signs of remorse. Those people didn't deserve his time or energy, and he didn't know why anyone would allow those kinds of people to be part of their life. If someone sucked, they sucked. End of discussion. And they didn't deserve a second thought.

Hm. He wasn't sure how many people didn't like Ash. She definitely had an abrasive personality, so he could see how she could have a fair amount of people who didn't like her... but he wasn't sure who would be on that roster. Besides the usual suspects. "I guess that makes sense. I hope more people like you than you think, though."

Quinn hummed in thought again. So, it was after she came out of the mirror..? "Have you talked to any of the professors about it? They might know something about what you're experiencing. They could help."

"That's true. I have no idea why man-eating hedges exist, except for sitting outside sinister and secret evil lairs." She grinned evilly, then giggled. "But yeah, they suck." Just get normal sinister-looking hedges like every other sane supervillain.

Why did they have to talk about Sammy? Because, to be honest, Ash had been wondering the same things about him. If he could really be friends with her AND Cambridge. But she was trying to ignore that, just like with all of her other problems. "I don't think they're dating anymore. No surprise there, to anybody other than her. But... I don't know. I don't want to hate him, you know what I mean? I just- like- but-" Big sigh. Ash rubbed her eye, wearily. "I know too many mean enemies to be able to care the same way about the nice ones. Except Healer Poppy. I think she's overcompensating for something. But other than her, I can't really bring myself to care. Does Cambridge's and Sammy's friendship hurt me? Yeah. But I can't do anything about it, so where do I go from that?" Nowhere was the answer. Ash hated that answer. It made her throat feel tight. There was nothing she felt comfortable doing. Breaking their friendship with each other felt wrong, breaking her friendship with Sammy felt like a loss, and being friends with Cambridge had never been on the table. It was possible that Sammy didn't get why that was. But that was his problem, not hers. Ash knew why they couldn't be friends.

"I hope more people like me as well. But if they just don't like my personality or my views or my methods, that's alright." She wasn't going to change, and neither were they. So it goes.

"Maybe I'll talk to the divination professor. I don't truly believe in divination, but I don't believe in some other things that obviously are real to everyone else." Like Happiness. Some people obviously had it, but Ash didn't even know what it looked like or where to find it. Like peace, which Ash could not find in her heart or anywhere else. Like forgiveness, which Ash wish she had but didn't.

"Maybe I'll talk to her. Maybe." If she remembered... just kidding. If she worked up the courage to do it.