View Single Post
Old 05-23-2021, 01:11 PM   #25 (permalink)
Kolyander

DMC & DERP
Blast-Ended Skrewt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Hadleigh Renee Paton (DarkGreen)
Slytherin
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Bryony Rose Paton (#FF69B4)
Slytherin
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Oceanus Zunther (#bfc2cb)
Ecological Protection
x12
Otter This World ♡ Catpurrccino ♡ Slotherin ♡ Pandamonium

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chelliephone View Post
Well... he had no idea what he could teach her, but he supposed there was probably something? "Sure!" He'd have to figure out exactly what, but he would get there. When she answered again, he realized he had misheard and she had said nine. That was... so many siblings. He could only blink at her for a moment as that information sunk in. "So.. you're an aunt then as well? How many nieces and nephews?" With the age gaps too, he wondered if they all felt more like additional siblings or cousins. "Are they all in house Ravenclaw with you?" He felt like he remembered at least one of those names for the year above him and their house.

Oh, well just curiousity helped him feel a bit better, but he was also still glad he had opted for a safer answer. When she gave the correct answer though, he felt silly himself for not having just considered that. He'd nearly forgotten a Dahlia was also a flower. "I don't think I know the meaning for that one. What is it?"

She was... the first person who had asked if he was okay with it. Sure, he and Maya had some conversation attempts regarding their new sibling, but that was more based on the fact that they both were obviously struggling with the change. Still, even with being asked he had a hard time answering. "Well.. it would make me a bad person to be anything but wouldn't it?" It was a non-answer, and yet that information was correct wasn't it? He was a pretty terrible person. He shook his head at the question of Scamander's as well, offering a small smile at her shock. "There just hasn't been much opportunity yet. Maybe next summer." If he wasn't hermitting again. "What's your favorite type of creature?"

"Okay! Well, then Sundays whenever you're done with creatures?"
"Wicked! Do you have a favorite branch of magic that you're really good?" Maybe there was an area of magic he was better at than she was and he could teach her something from that. The look on Evan's face said it all. It always did whenever anyone heard she was already an aunt. "Uh-huh, for basically nearly my entire life almost. I have three nieces and two nephews." Lia took a brief pause again. "No but I wish they all were. My brothers are Claws and Lily is in Hufflepuff with our cousin Ryder. Luna and our cousin Reagan are in 'Currently Unknown'."

Dahlia smiled. "See, that's where Dahlia's can get really tricky. There's many colors just like other flowers and with that, each color holds a different meaning. Not all meanings very nice either.. the range from commitment, honesty, inner strength, change, and creativity to instability and betrayal." They were a beautiful flower though, especially when all the colors were grown together.

She was that type of person. The one who thought about that type of thing. What it would really truly be like to have her best friend become her actual true sibling. "Actually, no, I don't think it would. Just because they're you're best friend and I'm sure you want the very best for them, it can't be easy having them come into your home." Being a complete outsider on situation she could only guess that the circumstances may have possibly had something to do with the war since he had said it was over the summer. The war itself and all of last term was tragic enough then add in a change like that, it was a whole lot. In her eyes, Evan had the right to feel how he felt but if he was anything like her, he would feel guilty about how he felt too. Scamanders was a much nicer topic to talk about. "Maybe we can go together and I can show you around. I pretty much know where everything is." It could be lots of fun. "Uhhhh..." Was he ready for this? "Well.. ALL of them of course!" Lia laughed softly before shaking her head. "I love all creatures. I really want a cat but I already have Sir Frederik so that will have to wait a bit longer. Nifflers are really cute. Dragons, red pandas, snakes and bowtruckles.. cruppies." The list could go on and on. "What about you? Do you have a favorite?"

"Sundays it is! I can meet you back in the common room?"

You are Bread!