Thread: Music Classroom
View Single Post
Old 05-22-2021, 11:34 PM   #26 (permalink)
astrocat
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Brandon Fox
Hufflepuff
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Phoebe Calypso [s]Dupont[/s]
Slytherin
Second Year
Which came first, the phoenix or the flame?

SPOILER!!: hiiii
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiallNIP View Post
Quinn sat back in his seat and harrumphed. "Well, they could've just evolved to eat nothing, right? Like, they could've just... evolved to subsist off of the nutrients in soil like all the other plants. And, I mean, they must've started using nutrients from the soil, cuz they're still plants, right? And then they evolved specifically to eat bugs. That's super uncool, if you ask me." Flesh-eating plants felt unnatural. Why couldn't they all just be pretty flowers with no drawbacks?

The near-death nose sardines weren't a memory Quinn enjoyed reminiscing on. He had forgiven Eden for it, but it was still just... a bad experience all around. And not something he felt deserved a congratulations. Quinn's brow furrowed. "...yeah, still not very fond of that memory. Glad that I didn't die. Don't think the sardines were worth it. I had nothing to do with them, anyway." Quinn was liking certain parts of this conversation less and less. Let's bring it somewhere better. "What was the charity you wanted to start? And are you back to talking with Samuel?" Quinn didn't like calling people by their nicknames if he didn't know them well. It felt weird to him.

Quinn thought Nem's constant calmness was rather annoying. Like they were keeping up this air to pretend like they were better and smarter than everyone else when they were really just a horrible person. Quinn thought they deserved to be taken down a notch. Quinn wanted to be the one to do it. He listened as Ash listed off the people she would never paint. "Is the third Emmerson?" He was pretty sure it would be. He wasn't sure who else could be so high on her list of enemies.

Quinn blinked at Ash's explanation of her memory. "Um... I'm not exactly sure that I follow." You could just... switch your memory from regular to photographic? That seemed basically impossible... unless it was some magic thing? But then she could just un-magic it, right? And did this have something to do with what happened the term before he got to Hogwarts? Where Ash, like, nearly burned down the forest?

"They probably would have gone extinct. They started off with just soil, but it can't have been working too well if they also need to eat bugs." Plus, they didn't eat that many bugs. Less than a dozen a month. They didn't like, make bugs extinct. Plus, Ash didn't see a problem with the natural food chain. If the predator animal/plant caught its food, then that animal deserved it. And if the prey escaped, then it deserved it. Everyone needed to eat, Venus Flytraps included.

"Might not have been worth it, but you all survived, so not all bad." Plus, Eden made Emm shoot sardines out of her nose! Respect.

"I wanted to make a charity for muggleborns, and maybe one to get people their school supplies if they can't afford it. And maybe one offering free therapy. I know, that is so scandalous. I was obviously flirting, right? She snorted. Just kidding. She assumed that Emm either didn't know what they were talking about, or was just a huge idiot. Because when Ash wanted to flirt, she didn't talk about her own life. She talked about the other person's life and their mutual hobbies. The less someone knew about her, the better.

"I don't know where me and Sammy are at. I stopped avoiding him, but... I don't know. It could be worse. It could be better." A lot of things could be. Emm could be nicer, eliminating this problem. Ash could have stayed away, eliminating this problem. They could all die horribly, eliminating this problem in the worst way possible. You don't wish for a different life, because it could come true in the worst way possible. She learned that somewhere down the line. You wanted to not be a witch? Well, the pureblood supremacists would happily take care of that. You wanted to not go to the dumb propaganda classes they taught? They had a couple mirrors you might wanna try... wishes were the most twisted things of all, just looking and looking for a dangerous loophole.

"Of course the third one is Cambridge. Nobody else quite gets the honor. Not even Nem. Not even Kizzy. Not even all the people who pretend to like me, but are really just posers. My enemy list is special to me y'know." She smirked. "Not just any person who doesn't like me gets to be paid attention to. I would have too many enemies if I did that." Plus, Ash found it amusing for people who spent all their time judging her to find put that she really did not care.

"I don't understand either. Memories aren't supposed to work like that. You can't suddenly have a photographic memory, or at least I don't think so. You don't come out of a mirror and suddenly change like that. You just don't." Ash figured that the fact that she had a photographic memory coming out of the mirror meant that there was something seriously wrong. And she didn't know how to fix it, how to put it back so that she only had a very good memory instead. She wanted it gone. Because she thought it would mean she was okay, if it was gone. That the effects of the mirror were gone. That everything was normal. That she really was fine, and not just pretending.