View Single Post
Old 05-22-2021, 06:06 PM   #23 (permalink)
Kolyander

DMC & DERP
Blast-Ended Skrewt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Hadleigh Renee Paton (DarkGreen)
Slytherin
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Bryony Rose Paton (#FF69B4)
Slytherin
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Oceanus Zunther (#bfc2cb)
Ecological Protection
x12
Otter This World ♡ Catpurrccino ♡ Slotherin ♡ Pandamonium

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chelliephone View Post
He beamed at the agreement to show him, "Thank you!" It'd be nice to add another helpful spell to his repertoire. He was going to have to start using magic more anyways so he might as well spend a little more time practicing the practical applications. He blinked at the answer to his sibling question, and decided he must have heard her wrong. Even if it was a silly question for her to clarify Mine?. "Yes, yours. How many?" Because that had to be what she said.

Right?

And then she answered the question and yet.... didn't. Which made him feel like he was supposed to guess. But Evan also kind of felt like he backed himself into a corner and maybe shouldn't guess because she'd called it 'silly' so anything he answered would have given off the impression of him potentially judging her. Well... maybe he'd go for a not obvious answer and then he wouldn't offend? "Is it a Forget-me-not? I always thought they had a poetic name."

He considered the question about his mum, and shook his head slightly. Honestly, he liked that most of the time psychologist and mum were combined, it meant he got really unique perspectives when he went to her about things. "It's more of.. my mom can be really focused and it's usually only on one thing. And uh.. well my parents kind of adopted my best friend this summer." He felt silly as he said it. It didn't sound like an issue. It shouldn't have been an issue. And yet... when he'd needed his parents they were emotionally unavailable. Creatures WERE easier and he was much happier to shift to those in conversation again. "I haven't gone to Scamander Zoo yet, but it sounds like it would be really cool. Have you ever gotten to help her take care of the creatures?" Oh, but yes times to for castle exploration and passageway hunting! It seemed to pathetic to answer literally anytime which was pretty true, so he came up with a specific. "Do you have time Sunday mornings? We don't have to every Sunday."
She smiled brightly in return. "You're welcome! Maybe sometime you can teach me something in return?" Surely there were charms he knew that she didn't, right? And even if not, it was no big deal. She was always happy to help. Huh? Maybe he had heard HER wrong cause she had just told him. It was that or he was surprised by her answer like most people were the first time she told them. "Nine. All older. Five much much older with spouses and jobs and kids and stuff.." Lia paused for a second for that to sink in. "The other four are here at Hogwarts. Lukas and Luna are fourth years.. Elias, Lily and I are all second years."

Dahlia noticed how he didn't quite answer and she smiled. "Don't worry, I'm just curious is all. I like to see what other people think." His choice of flower as her favorite somewhat surprised her. "Super cute flower and the meaning is good but nope. My favorite is the Dahlia.. like my name. Not just because I'm named for the flower either." Though that was a small reason.

Oh, wow.. now that was information she wasn't expecting. "O-oh.. and.. are you okay with that?" She wasn't sure how she would feel about her parents adopting her bestie. It would be cool having him around all the time but it would also be strange too. And just like that they were speaking of creatures again and Lia stared at Evan in pure shock. "What?! You've never been to Scamanders?!" That was a tragedy! "It's the greatest! Uhh, yeah sometimes. It depends on the creature and what she's doing that day and stuff." Safety first and all that good stuff.

"Yeah, I can do that. I'm usually somewhere on the grounds on Sunday mornings helping with the creatures or tending to my plants in the greenhouse. But anytime should be fine really."

You are Bread!