View Single Post
Old 05-22-2021, 03:32 AM   #12 (permalink)
Waddles

DMGS & DMLE
Re'em

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sophia Svensson #556B2F
Slytherin
Fifth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Eulalia Walles (#F48037)
Hufflepuff
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Gabriel Hawthorne-Melo #47316F
Law Enforcement
Constant Vigilance! O_O AWAKE!

SPOILER!!: you
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felixir View Post

"Well enough. Tried to take on a barn owl once, and quickly learned his lesson." Oh, Amir. But at least he did learn, when it came to the owls, or the bigger owls, at any rate. Mostly it was mice that the delightful little so-and-so brought back as gifts.

Kamran was not sure how most of his colleagues could stand having so many office and classroom hours; as soon as he was sitting down, he wanted to get back up again, but maintained his usual calm demeanour as he looked at Turov across the desk, and across the cat. Kamran wasn't the jittery type, even when he was internally climbing the walls, not only because it was his natural state to be outwardly serene, but because students usually preferred when the vibe was much more settled. Usually.

He nodded, allowed the pause, and was about to ask something else when Turov spoke up again herself. "I do. It wasn't a skill necessary for my original field, but I know all the techniques and manoeuvres enough to teach them." Not bragging, just facts. Well, not counting the particularly hare-brained stunts that he really had no business teaching to potentially reckless adolescents. "Is that a skill you're interested in learning?"

Heheh. The thought of a cat battling an owl, even if only once, made her grin again. Especially since Amir was clearly just fine after his battle with a barn owl. Oh. Ahhhh. Hopefully it hadn't been her barn owl the cat had fought. She'd have to check on him later. Vendetta also liked mice.

But. There were more important things.

Like flying.

She squinted at Kazmi as he confirmed he did, in fact, know the broom-surfing. And then offered to teach her. It was a very important skill if she wanted to be a chaser, she thought, and maybe useful for playing keeper, too. She nodded eagerly. "Yes," she said quietly. "Mr. Aguilar taught us last term, but...I...missed it...?" she trailed off, trying not to think about why she missed it. Or the fact she had been present and had to play broomball instead. "Could, could you help me learn? Maybe?"