View Single Post
Old 05-22-2021, 01:43 AM   #37 (permalink)
Krel Ansell

DMLE & DIMC
Mooncalf

Ministry RPG Name:
Conley Singh-Phora
International Cooperation

Ministry RPG Name:
Hugo I. Bumble
Law Enforcement
x1
*randomly tagged* | Norbert(a) | The Wandmaker (tm)

"If she was like me," he said looking at Meriwether. "She learned not to take the lifts after they broke down a few years ago. Trapped my hus- ermm... ambassadors inside for hours. It was horrible. Habits like taking the stairs are hard to break. Even if the lifts are now fine." Conley didn't care. He could be assured a 100 times that they lifts were fine and he would still take the stairs. But if something or perhaps someone was lurking around in the stairwells? Well... perhaps he needed to reevaluate that habit.

Ideas? Thoughts? Oh Conley had plenty. But they weren't ideas he was willing to communicate aloud at this point. Especially with people he wasn't familiar with. Sure. Meriwether had helped with the Goldwasser fires, but it wasn't like they had tea weekly. Which was why it was weird when Conley's hand reached for Meriwether's arm again. Conley stopped himself just short of taking hold of the man's arm again. Last thing he needed was for someone to start telling people that perhaps he had a thing for Meriwether. He was perfectly happy at home - thank-you-very-much! He wasn't entirely sure why he kept instinctively reaching for the man. Seeking comfort maybe? He reached over and rubbed his scared arm. "I think... everyone needs to be very cautious for a while."