Thread: The Boathouse
View Single Post
Old 05-22-2021, 01:00 AM   #15 (permalink)
wednesday
Slytherin
Streeler

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Olive (Ollie) Burke
Second Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by aRogueOne View Post
Ingrid looked up at the thank you and simply nodded. It was always nice when one of the younger students finally got a spell they’d been trying to do. It made magic feel a little more real. She remembered her first year and how…well not useless because it seemed to come easy to her at times but how difficult some of the more difficult spells were and how it had taken her many hours of practice, most of the time alone. “You’re welcome”.

Continuing her sketch for a moment, she didn’t see the failure of the Reparo spell but had managed to put together the pieces judging from the growl that had come from that direction. Looking up again, she smiled and put down her sketch pad, the drawing that she’d been sketching quickly was almost done but not quite, and pulled out her own wand before heading over to the shredded apple. “Here, let me have a go. Watch my wand movement. You seemed to be focused and the wording was correct” although she wasn’t even sure of that because she’d been so focused on her own outcome. Moving her hand in a slightly curved, triangular motion, Ingrid spoke the incantation clearly and watched as the pieces of apple quickly began zooming back together as though Olive’s spell had simply been put in reverse.

“Why don’t you blast it back apart and try again?” only this time, her eyes would be on the younger girl. It was almost like she was back home during summer tutoring some of the youngest students again.
Fustrated, she couldn't take her eyes off the apple and hadn't notice Ingrid walking up to her. She jumped a little when she heard her voice, now so much closer than she had been. She watched as the girl put the apple perfectly back together. She made a mental note of the exact triangular movement's the girl's wand had made. She was going to get it right this go-round. She actually hadn't realized that Ingrid was paying her any mind. She had figured the girl was completely zoned in.

She nodded and readied her wand once more. "Diffindo!" And just like before, the apple burst into three separate pieces. Okay, now to focus. She made the movements with her wand before casting the actual spell. She would be embarrassed if this spell went wrong a third time.This is why she never practiced in front of anyone. Was it clear she was a perfectionist?

Okay now to do the spell. She took a deep breath and cast "Reparo!" making sure to copy the exact movements as before. And just like that, the apple began reversing the explosion that had happened moments before. Thank goodness! She thought to herself. Turning to the girl she smiled "Thank you. I guess I should focus more on my movements."She was glad she got it this time. She wouldn't be able to handle the embarrassment from failing again.