View Single Post
Old 05-21-2021, 10:54 PM   #22 (permalink)
Chelliephone

Fanfiction Mod
4 Privet Drive Mod

DERP & DoM

Alley Proprietor
Blast-Ended Skrewt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Vera Brinley Thanatos
Gryffindor
Seventh Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mandrake Beery
Slytherin
Third Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Evan Nam
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
Ece Arslan
Nesting Occamy Rentals
Anashti l Brat Pack l Sally & Dr. Finklestein

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolyander View Post
"Sure!" The only reason she even knew it was because of her older sister teaching it to her for the purpose of this book. Hopefully it would last a long long time. Ah, there it was. The golden question. "Nine." And now to wait for the look of astonishment.

Dahlia giggled quietly at the question. "Of course. Though I'm sure my answer is going to seem very silly." She was more curious if he could guess what her favorite flower might be. It was incredibly easy, painfully so in all honesty.

She nodded slowly. "Mm, I guess that makes sense but.. it has to make it tough to talk about things then sometimes, right?" Cause she would need to be 'mum' and not the 'psychologist'. Lia grinned widely. "I was all the time! I still go there all the time.." When she wasn't here. Being around creatures was easier than being around people, they didn't judge anything that was said to them. "Whenever my sister isn't too busy to have me around." Ha! She tagged along all the time anyhow and hung around watching the creatures while Hady worked. "Yup! What times are best for you?"
He beamed at the agreement to show him, "Thank you!" It'd be nice to add another helpful spell to his repertoire. He was going to have to start using magic more anyways so he might as well spend a little more time practicing the practical applications. He blinked at the answer to his sibling question, and decided he must have heard her wrong. Even if it was a silly question for her to clarify Mine?. "Yes, yours. How many?" Because that had to be what she said.

Right?

And then she answered the question and yet.... didn't. Which made him feel like he was supposed to guess. But Evan also kind of felt like he backed himself into a corner and maybe shouldn't guess because she'd called it 'silly' so anything he answered would have given off the impression of him potentially judging her. Well... maybe he'd go for a not obvious answer and then he wouldn't offend? "Is it a Forget-me-not? I always thought they had a poetic name."

He considered the question about his mum, and shook his head slightly. Honestly, he liked that most of the time psychologist and mum were combined, it meant he got really unique perspectives when he went to her about things. "It's more of.. my mom can be really focused and it's usually only on one thing. And uh.. well my parents kind of adopted my best friend this summer." He felt silly as he said it. It didn't sound like an issue. It shouldn't have been an issue. And yet... when he'd needed his parents they were emotionally unavailable. Creatures WERE easier and he was much happier to shift to those in conversation again. "I haven't gone to Scamander Zoo yet, but it sounds like it would be really cool. Have you ever gotten to help her take care of the creatures?" Oh, but yes times to for castle exploration and passageway hunting! It seemed to pathetic to answer literally anytime which was pretty true, so he came up with a specific. "Do you have time Sunday mornings? We don't have to every Sunday."

Let them point and laugh at who we are, it's you and me here dancing from the start

Last edited by Chelliephone; 05-21-2021 at 10:58 PM. Reason: Casually forgot an entire question :')