View Single Post
Old 05-21-2021, 10:42 PM   #20 (permalink)
Chelliephone

Fanfiction Mod
4 Privet Drive Mod

DERP & DoM

Alley Proprietor
Blast-Ended Skrewt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Vera Brinley Thanatos
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mandrake Beery
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Evan Nam
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
Ece Arslan
Nesting Occamy Rentals
Anashti l Brat Pack l Sally & Dr. Finklestein

Quote:
Originally Posted by wednesday View Post
At this point, Pepper had made her way back to Ollie and was cleaning her fur at her feet. Funny cat, is this what you wanted? To be more social? Well, if it was, it was working.

Ollie hadn't met anyone in the Hufflepuff house yet. She wondered why. Maybe they were the type to avoid Slytherins. "Thank you." Was all she could think to say. He was the first person to make her feel that what she was feeling, was okay. Everyone else just told her the Slytherin wasn't a bad house. She was thankful for the validation. "I guess I really did have it in my head that I would be a Ravenclaw. And now that I'm not, I think it's what's causing my dad's silence." Evan wasn't the first person Ollie had explained the situation with her dad too. But, he was the first to actually seem to listen. Well, others had listened, but he was the first to.... to.... well he was the nicest so far.

Hmmm Gryffindor. Evan didn't seem like the type. Of course, Ollie had learned that people that share a house don't have to be anything alike. Take her and V for example. But Evan didn't seem very headstrong; he seemed like a thinker. "Are you and your brother close?" If Ollie had a sibling, she would want to share a house with them, too.
The fact that the cat had decided to stop and start a conversation was entirely fine with Evan. In fact, he was actually rather happy he had. It was nice to have someone to talk to, even if only for a little bit and by accident.

He nodded at the thanks, offering a small smile as well in response. "You're welcome." His Eomma had always taught him the importance of listening. And most of the time, people did want to know what they felt was valid. He certainly did, instead of always feeling well... bad. Her Dad's silence? "So you think he might be upset that you weren't in his house?" She would know better than anyone else, though he certainly hoped her father was not icing her out for something so petty. It was okay for him to be disappointed too, but he still felt parents should be reassuring. And it seemed maybe she needed the reassurance, or even just an owl back. "It must be hard not getting to talk to him." Family was family, afterall.

The question brought a myriad of emotions for him, but outwardly he just showed a wider smile and a head nod. "We are. Noah's the best older brother someone could want." And he was really missing him this term, even with all the letters and care packages and mirror calls. It wasn't the same as him being here. "What about you? Are you close with a lot of your family?" Extended or otherwise.

Let them point and laugh at who we are, it's you and me here dancing from the start