View Single Post
Old 05-21-2021, 05:41 PM   #43 (permalink)
Imsosikk07
Slytherin
Jarvey

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Eli Mercer
Seventh Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMadamMalfoy View Post
SPOILER!!: Carton

Here was another answer to mention the precision of transfiguration. Norman nodded approvingly at O’Hanlan-Draven, for now choosing to focus on the part of her answer that hadn’t already been touched on. “Yes, Miss O’Hanlan-Draven,” he said. “Not only could your target look or work wrong, but there can be dangerous consequences as well. Incomplete transformations, for example.”

Norman’s blue-green eyes scanned the classroom in search of more hands in the air. Seeing none seemed a clear indication that anyone who wanted to answer had already done so, and it was time to move on. “Good answers, everyone!” He addressed the class. “As many of you said, transfiguration is a precise branch of magic that requires discipline and concentration. The saying, “there’s no room for creativity in transfiguration” refers to the actual casting of spells more than anything else. Unlike charms which allows for a certain level of personal flourish, wand movements in transfiguration must be firm and decisive; otherwise the spell will be unsuccessful.”

He paused a minute to allow time for the information to sink in before continuing, “That said, there is a certain level of creativity involved in other aspects of transfiguration: application - how we use spells - and visualization - what the end result of your spell should look like. Bearing that in mind, what is an example of a creative use for transfiguration? Some of you already provided one in your last answer; now give me another.”

OOC: Question 2 is up! Norman is asking for an example of creativity in transfiguration, either through visualization or application. We’ll move on again in ABOUT 18-22 HOURS.

Letting this information sink in and take a few more mental notes as Professor Carton continued on with the lesson. Hearing his second question, Aibhi tried to think of what his question meant and gave it a little time in the class before raising her hand and says, "Professor, correct me if I am wrong, but there are four branches of Transfiguration, right? I think the four are Transformation, Untransfiguration, Vanishment, and Conjuration. Some creative ways you can use Transfiguration is that you can force an Animagus to revert back to their human form, can shoot arrows from the tip of your wand, conjure a bridge, vanish objects...just to name a few."