Thread: Music Classroom
View Single Post
Old 05-21-2021, 04:35 PM   #22 (permalink)
NiallNIP

DERP
Ravenclaw
Imp

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Quinn Kingsley
Third Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Kittredge Flannigan
The Gay Agenda™< >Homiesexual uwu

Quote:
Originally Posted by astrocat View Post
mhmmmm. A friend way. It was maybe a good thing Quinn didn't bring up Atlas' eyes, or Ash might have derailed the conversation to brainstorm on setting the two of them up together. But he didn't say that so she didn't think about it and so she did not bring up how cute Quinn and Atlas were. But if she HAD thought about it, the conversation would definitely be going in that direction. Ash hardly thought of herself as a child, but she occasionally liked to play pretend as one. Hair braiding, nail polish, giggling about crushes. Ash would be longing for those, if she had been thinking about them. Which she was not.

"Yes." You know what ideas Quinn was (probably unknowingly) expressing? Fight the Establishment. And that was one of Ash's favorite ideas ever. "Like whatever flowers you want Quinn, even if the flowers are just regular flowers that you think are cool. And hobbies and people and ideas." It was always good to see people express defiant ideas. Even if they were deathly afraid of being defiant half the time. "Even and especially if other people think what you like is dumb." People thought she was insane for standing up for muggleborns. And hating 'innocent' bystanders. But she didn't quite care. "Maybe you'd like venus flytraps. They're carnivorous, but they can't hurt humans."

Ash didn't know that Quinn didn't listen to music. If she DID know, there was only a 50% chance of her caring. "I came in here to play a lot last year. Rosier never found me, but Sammy Summers did. That didn't end too well, I must say." She sighed. Who knew Cambridge would react like that? Not her.

"I'm painting everyone I can find. Even Upstead. Because right now, I have a photographic memory. But if and when I get better, it might go away, but there are some things that I actually do want to remember." She supposed her photographic memory was a safety mechanism, so she would not forget her spells or identity in the mirror even though her soul was withering away. She couldn't live, but she could remember what it was like to. It was a double edged sword though. Ash found that the majority of the things she remembered were things she wish she forgot.
Quinn smiled and nodded. He was glad that Ash agreed with him. She was really cool when she wasn't scary. He hummed when she brought up Venus flytraps. "I've seen some around the greenhouses, and they seem alright... I kinda feel bad for the buggies, though. Why can't they just produce their own food, like a regular plant? Why do you have to hurt something else when you could just... not?" he frowned. Quinn hated unnecessary violence. There were some people he wanted to punch, though. He probably wouldn't. Probably. But he thought that you should only resort to violence when you have no other option (or in some very specific cases when someone deserved it because they're terrible-horrible and you hate them).

Quinn's mouth made an O as he nodded. "Ohhh so that's how that stuff started. Yes, I remember that whole debacle... vividly." He had almost gotten killed because Eden was so mad at Emmerson. Nose sardines. Amendment to his previous statements: only commit violence against the terrible-horribles if you're in a position where you probably won't get killed for it.

And then Nem was brought up and Quinn's face soured. The terrible-horrible in question. "They don't deserve to be painted, I don't think." Quinn was still unsure why Ash was hanging around them.... they were the reason she got trapped in a freaking mirror, right? So... that made no sense to Quinn. She should hate them more than even he did. "I... I didn't know you had a photographic memory, though." Quinn pushed through his bitterness to keep the conversation going. He didn't need to be on Ash's bad side—again, kinda scary sometimes.