View Single Post
Old 05-21-2021, 03:10 PM   #19 (permalink)
wednesday
Slytherin
Streeler

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Olive (Ollie) Burke
Second Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chelliephone View Post
See, and the thing with Lisa was one never really knew. Evan could not say for certain that she did not sleep in a bed with the lizard. Maybe it curled up on her pillow? Or her shoulder? "and that is the exact reason I'd rather have a cat!" He offered a small smile in response.

He didn't feel the need to inquire further on if her mum had attended a different magical school or not, given after the last term he honestly just preferred to not know most people's blood status. It wasn't anyone's business, really. And perhaps it was his residual fears, but he liked to try to keep his as quiet and unknown as possible for anyone that might not have been there last term. "Oh, I see. For my family I think the only house we don't have is a Hufflepuff." He thought Lisa would be there originally, but he was glad she was not. "I might be biased because I have family there too, but Slytherin seems to be a good one too. It's okay to be disappointed too if you had your heart set somewhere else." That was just human nature. "Is everything else fitting into what you thought it might be?" Sure she was only a first year and had not been here long but.. probably long enough to have an idea.

See, Evan much preferred to talk about other people. He was fairly certain that when conversation did move to him he was just likely to bore people to tears. This question wasn't so bad though. "It took me some time to glean information about Hogwarts but.. once I did and read the house descriptions, I was pretty confident this is where I'd be placed. I had been hoping to be Gryffindor with my older brother but... there was no way."
At this point, Pepper had made her way back to Ollie and was cleaning her fur at her feet. Funny cat, is this what you wanted? To be more social? Well, if it was, it was working.

Ollie hadn't met anyone in the Hufflepuff house yet. She wondered why. Maybe they were the type to avoid Slytherins. "Thank you." Was all she could think to say. He was the first person to make her feel that what she was feeling, was okay. Everyone else just told her the Slytherin wasn't a bad house. She was thankful for the validation. "I guess I really did have it in my head that I would be a Ravenclaw. And now that I'm not, I think it's what's causing my dad's silence." Evan wasn't the first person Ollie had explained the situation with her dad too. But, he was the first to actually seem to listen. Well, others had listened, but he was the first to.... to.... well he was the nicest so far.

Hmmm Gryffindor. Evan didn't seem like the type. Of course, Ollie had learned that people that share a house don't have to be anything alike. Take her and V for example. But Evan didn't seem very headstrong; he seemed like a thinker. "Are you and your brother close?" If Ollie had a sibling, she would want to share a house with them, too.