View Single Post
Old 05-21-2021, 03:27 AM   #20 (permalink)
Chelliephone

Fanfiction Mod
4 Privet Drive Mod

DERP & DoM

Alley Proprietor
Blast-Ended Skrewt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Vera Brinley Thanatos
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mandrake Beery
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Evan Nam
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
Ece Arslan
Nesting Occamy Rentals
Anashti l Brat Pack l Sally & Dr. Finklestein

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolyander View Post
She nodded in agreement. "It pretty much is. It works nicely once you get the hang of it." Surprisingly easy too, which was really good for her being so young still. "Yup, that would be the one! Or umm.. one of them. I have a few older sisters." Four to be exact and she had brothers too!

If she hadn't been so into giving the answer to her own question, she may have actually laughed at the look of surprise on Evan's face. "Yeah, not only flowers though. All things herbology. I know a lot flowers and plants." Including what the colors of specific flowers and plants supposedly meant.

"It's not a topic I know much about but I do know there's a lot to it. Is she really easy to talk to?" His mum. Some people were a lot easier to talk to than others. Dahlia shook her head. "Not exactly. My papa used to be the shopkeeper at the Magical Menagerie but that was back when I was really little. My older sister is a Magizoologist, she tends to the creatures at Scamanders zoo and travels all over taking care of creatures. My cousin is studying to be a Dragonologist." There was some other family friends that bred creatures as well and lots that owned all kinds of creatures. "Sure. If it's written in the book, it has to happen." Those were the rules. Her rules.
"Do you think you could show it to me sometime?" He didn't know that one at all, but it sounded incredibly helpful. Think of how many trees he could save by not excessively throwing out all of his parchment and notebooks when he made a mistake. It really is something they should have taught them day one. In probably Charms. Wait.. a few older sisters? "How many siblings do you have?"

The preference on this particular subject was very object. She really was not exaggerating when she said she liked creatures and plants. "Do you have a favorite flower based on it's meaning then?" Sure people could have favorite flowers based on the looks, but he was more curious if there was one she just really liked the meaning on.

The question she asked had him feeling a lot of things. Things he was trying really hard to not show on his face. He used to feel very close to his Mum, but after last term and the summer following it.. well he felt very displaced with his parents. "She can be, I suppose. If you're a patient or where her attention is focused, she's definitely easy to discuss anything with." But as her child... well sometimes having negative emotion towards her felt like something she was too sensitive too. Oh.. well it sounded like a lot her family was well immersed into the world of creatures. He was actually kind of impressed by the range. "That sounds interesting! Did you spend a lot of time at the Menagerie or were you too young? Frequent flyer at the zoo?" Dragonology honestly sounded very cool to him and if he were ever going to consider a field of study in the magic realm, he might have started there. But as it was now, he was much more interested in muggle career options. "That sounds logical to me."

Let them point and laugh at who we are, it's you and me here dancing from the start