View Single Post
Old 05-21-2021, 02:49 AM   #18 (permalink)
Chelliephone

Fanfiction Mod
4 Privet Drive Mod

DERP & DoM

Alley Proprietor
Blast-Ended Skrewt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Vera Brinley Thanatos
Gryffindor
Seventh Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mandrake Beery
Slytherin
Third Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Evan Nam
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
Ece Arslan
Nesting Occamy Rentals
Anashti l Brat Pack l Sally & Dr. Finklestein

Quote:
Originally Posted by wednesday View Post
She laughed out loud. Obviously, the lizard wasn't spending the night in bad with Lisa! She'd crush the thing. Or Ollie hoped, for the lizard's sake, that it had a cage. "I'm sure she had a cage for it. Fur is nice to cuddle with... scales I don't think so."

As far as Ollie knew it was just her dad that had attended Hogwarts. He hadn't told her much about her mother's side of the family, but it was to her understanding that she was a muggle, making Ollie a half-blood. "No, I think it was just him." Evan's description of Slytherins seemed to match Ash's, so what was the big deal about being one. "Maybe it's not as bad of a house as I'm making it seem in my mind." She shrugged. Part of her couldn't accept this answer. If the house wasn't so bad, then why was her dad not writing her back? Why would he refuse to tell her about the house in the first place!? "I think it was just that I had a whole idea in my head of what school here would be like, and being a Slytherin wasn't part of it."

She wanted to ask Evan more about him. She found herself talking more about her than anyone else. That wasn't something she liked. "Did you expect to get into Ravenclaw?"
See, and the thing with Lisa was one never really knew. Evan could not say for certain that she did not sleep in a bed with the lizard. Maybe it curled up on her pillow? Or her shoulder? "and that is the exact reason I'd rather have a cat!" He offered a small smile in response.

He didn't feel the need to inquire further on if her mum had attended a different magical school or not, given after the last term he honestly just preferred to not know most people's blood status. It wasn't anyone's business, really. And perhaps it was his residual fears, but he liked to try to keep his as quiet and unknown as possible for anyone that might not have been there last term. "Oh, I see. For my family I think the only house we don't have is a Hufflepuff." He thought Lisa would be there originally, but he was glad she was not. "I might be biased because I have family there too, but Slytherin seems to be a good one too. It's okay to be disappointed too if you had your heart set somewhere else." That was just human nature. "Is everything else fitting into what you thought it might be?" Sure she was only a first year and had not been here long but.. probably long enough to have an idea.

See, Evan much preferred to talk about other people. He was fairly certain that when conversation did move to him he was just likely to bore people to tears. This question wasn't so bad though. "It took me some time to glean information about Hogwarts but.. once I did and read the house descriptions, I was pretty confident this is where I'd be placed. I had been hoping to be Gryffindor with my older brother but... there was no way."

Let them point and laugh at who we are, it's you and me here dancing from the start