View Single Post
Old 05-19-2021, 04:38 AM   #17 (permalink)
wednesday
Slytherin
Streeler

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Olive (Ollie) Burke
Second Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chelliephone View Post
Honestly, in terms of breeds Evan wouldn't have the slightest idea on how to look into that. Cats were cats and he'd probably just get a rescue kitten if he could convince his parents to let him. A cute little black and white kitten would be cute, but then again he didn't much care what it would look like. The companionship would just be nice. "That sounds nice to have her with you. I'm not sure if Lisa sleeps with the lizard or if he has a cage.." He was pretty good about not going into her room and snooping even if that was not reciprocated.

"Oh? Do you have any other family that was here?" He briefly wondered where his parents would have been if they'd been magic. His dad seemed like a sure fire Hufflepuff, but then again so had Noah and he still ended up Gryffindor. And his mother? Probably a Ravenclaw. "Slytherin's are intelligent too. They're also driven, resourceful, determined?" It really wasn't hard to see the two houses as being fairly similar. "Proper also seems a Slytherin thing, even if also a Ravenclaw. My brother's girlfriend was the Slytherin prefect for a bit and she always seems kind of reserved and proper." To the third year, anyways. "With all the similarities between the houses.. I wish I understood exactly why the hat chooses where it does."
She laughed out loud. Obviously, the lizard wasn't spending the night in bad with Lisa! She'd crush the thing. Or Ollie hoped, for the lizard's sake, that it had a cage. "I'm sure she had a cage for it. Fur is nice to cuddle with... scales I don't think so."

As far as Ollie knew it was just her dad that had attended Hogwarts. He hadn't told her much about her mother's side of the family, but it was to her understanding that she was a muggle, making Ollie a half-blood. "No, I think it was just him." Evan's description of Slytherins seemed to match Ash's, so what was the big deal about being one. "Maybe it's not as bad of a house as I'm making it seem in my mind." She shrugged. Part of her couldn't accept this answer. If the house wasn't so bad, then why was her dad not writing her back? Why would he refuse to tell her about the house in the first place!? "I think it was just that I had a whole idea in my head of what school here would be like, and being a Slytherin wasn't part of it."

She wanted to ask Evan more about him. She found herself talking more about her than anyone else. That wasn't something she liked. "Did you expect to get into Ravenclaw?"