View Single Post
Old 05-18-2021, 07:13 PM   #32 (permalink)
Hey Ju

DMAC & DMLE
Bicorn

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Scarlett Mordaunt
Hufflepuff
Seventh Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Brenna Kavanaugh
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Sophie Mordaunt
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
Matthew Meriwether
Law Enforcement

x8 x4
Arts TRANSPONSTER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krel Ansell View Post
He wasn’t sure what he had been expecting, when he sent his patronus off to Level 5. Perhaps a Security Guard or a hit wizard, but an unspeakable? Yeah… that totally threw Conley for a loop. His eyes lingered on the bloodhound patronus as it lingered in the hallway and he sort of wished it was a real one. They were supposed to have excellent tracking skills. Maybe it’s human owner possessed skills of this sort? ”Errmm….” he found himself with a lack of words as the man explained which part of Mysteries he worked in. He was pretty sure that this was the first time an unspeakable had provided so much information to him.

”Merriweather!” Conley’s voice suddenly came back as the auror appeared. ”I ah…. found this.” He held out the shoe looking between each man. ”It’s not mine,” he added as if that information needed to be clarified. ”Too small- haha,” Dear Merlin’s pointy hat. Too small? What was his problem? Snap out of it Phora. ”I think,” he said trying to get one of the men to take the shoe. ”It has blood on it.” He turned it to show the streak. ”I’m not sure why a lady would leave a shoe behind unless she was forced too. I mean, my wife, rest her soul, would have rather eaten slugs then leave a shoe of this quality behind. Not to mention the limping…” You know… one heel on, one heel off? He needed to stop babbling didnt he?
Matt wasn't familiar with the other man, but Singh-Phora seemed happy enough to see him. His comment about the shoe being too small to be his made Matt stifle a laugh as he continue to look at the heel. Pursing his lips to stop himself from joining in the banter - especially as Conley seemed to be trying to keep it serious now. Or at least the mention of blood sounded serious enough to Matt.

Despite wondering if the shoe was cursed just a few seconds ago, Matt actually took it from the Department Head so he could inspect it himself. He turned it in his hands as he listened to the man continue with his thoughts. Again, he stifled a laugh, but this time he let his amusement show in his face as he looked back up at the man. "I haven't seen any woman limping around the Ministry lately. Or man, who am I to judge? Well, I don't mean..." He trailed off, gesturing to the other man and his cane. He didn't mean that kind of limping, y'know.

Looking back at the shoe, the Auror was back to being fully serious about the situation as if flicking a switch. He had had plenty of life-and-death experiences by now to know not to take mysterious things like this as complete jokes. And that shoe did have blood on it, so that was a big red flag. "I can try to find any information on missing employees, assuming this belongs to a Ministry worker." They did get visitors more often than not, which wouldn't help in this case, but hey, they had to start somewhere. "Possibly get forensics to have a look at the shoe too?" He offered, looking at Conley.