Thread: Hangout Area
View Single Post
Old 05-18-2021, 02:23 PM   #47 (permalink)
DaniDiNardo

MO & DMLE
Crup

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Emmerson N. J. Cambridge
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Alexa Christina Cambridge
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Kodee Chosen
Minister's Office
x12 x12
Yeah I broke that mirror, so what? ll NOT backward ll Official Gryfferin ll Lemon's favourite

SPOILER!!: Our great listener friend
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felixir View Post
Sometimes Kaiser had to marvel at Kodee's stories - not the stories themselves, per se (they were often interesting, just sometimes a little too lengthy for Kaiser to stay with him from start to finish), but the sheer volume of words he could pour forth in a matter of minutes, the narratives he could paint. Kaiser had always known his friend was like that, ever since their early friendship days, when Kodee talked with such gusto and intensity that Kaiser, still working on his grasp of the English language, missed most of what he said. And yet, still now he marvelled. Privately.

Kaiser himself was of the six-word-story variety, usually. A running joke between him and Candela which wasn't even that much of a joke, at least with his spoken anecdotes. When he wrote, the words flowed much more freely, or they had, for a while. At the moment he struggled even to write letters; there was one he'd been working on for Malachi Trent for several weeks now, though admittedly that was always going to be a difficult one, given he'd been putting it off for several years, and now had serious doubts about sending it at all.

Sinking into one of the soft chairs with exactly the right amount of squish to it, Kaiser leaned back against the cushions but still found himself totally unable to relax. Any danger of drifting off mid-conversation (he'd not slept a wink the night before; shocking, yes) suddenly vanished.

"I'm sure a court assassination scare was exactly what the Senior Undersecretary was hoping for." Asking Kodee follow-up questions could be dangerous, depending on if he got on a tangent, and exactly what kind, but Kaiser did like to show he was listening. He doubted it made up for all the times he'd accidentally spaced all the way out on him, but still. There was an attempt. "Did you get your quill back in the end?"

The quill? Oh yeah, the quill!!

Kodee had been about to launch into the entire second half of the story but the question, small and insignificant as it was, was enough to derail him. “I didn’t, the security blokes come barging in, haul him out quill and all. Panic, hysteria, all that nonsense and me without a quill to take it down so that report’s probably not gonna be the best—reckon you should see about getting it from the stenographer in case you’re gonna need it for your records.” About half way through trying to get his memory working on the earlier events...he may have begun to embellish a bit...and get side tracked some. Didn’t need Kaiser’s work suffering for that.

“Wanna come over, after work? I’ve got Ty until the weekend, we can take him for a run or something, get our blood pumping after a day of...office work.” The least stimulating job in the world when things weren’t going to absolute dung around the ministry. With the recent...uproar, he supposed he couldn’t go wishing for worse so soon but Merlin would it do a lot to break the monotony.

“I’ll order us something, anything you want.”

Kodee ordered out so much that he no longer really had a preference. Still had his go tos but they were all sorta blending recently.

______________________________I'm fired up and tired of the way that things are said.