View Single Post
Old 05-18-2021, 01:39 AM   #16 (permalink)
Waddles
Hufflepuff

DMGS & DMLE
Aethonan

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Margaret (Mamie) Turov
Third Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Peggy Laplace
Games & Sports

Ministry RPG Name:
Gabriel Melo
Law Enforcement
Constant Vigilance! O_O AWAKE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArianaBlack View Post
"I hear they have lists for those too." Bucket lists. Heh. Geddit?

Even if the joke itself weren't all that funny, Jackson's smile was ridiculously goofy. It be like that sometimes.

But, uh, in all seriousness, "That's a neat way to think about it." Would this motivate him to keep lists in attempt to organize himself? Maybe. Maybe for all of one day. But Jack(son) would likely only keep it up for a day before deciding that he was better off going with the flow anyway. It's how he approached most things in life. His plans were always headed for disasters anyway. It was a risky life he led.

Cooking was something he could definitely get behind though and baking too, Jackson liked helping his mum with that stuff. Probably his Moretti side kicking in or something. Definitely. "I can imagine that'd limit options. My little sister is kind of the same. Must be a younger sibling thing." Not Jackson though, he'd eat ANYTHING. And EVERYTHING. If there was food, it would be eaten.

Jackson Bole was an open book. He didn't mind personal questions, really, but this one did make him pause. Because. Uh. Well. It was a little embarrassing. "I, uh, I'm not in uni yet, still trying to figure that out... But, uh, sometimes I'm part-time at Stemp House and with the rest of my time I've really been trying to explore. Shadowing all sorts of people, going in for informational interviews, y'know... All that jazz. It's weird, isn't it?" He mussed his hair as he mused. "Like one day, we're sitting in class, raising our hands to ask permission to use the bathroom and then the next day, everyone's just, like, telling us we have to decide what we want to be doing for the rest of our lives?"

It made..... No sense. Not to Jackson, anyway.

Uh. "What about you? What are you up to?"

Was she laughing at his stupid joke or at his stupid smile? Honora didn't know. "Yes," was all she said. His assessment, joking or not, of her thoughts on lists was...pretty accurate. She did have a bucket list of her own, after all. And she'd even crossed some items off of it. She supposed...maybe a lot of people with bucket lists never crossed anything off?

She did smile, however, at the conclusion that all younger siblings were picky eaters. "Hopefully they grow out of it," she said. "I'd like to cook more interesting things for holidays some day.

She looked on curiously at Jack's...reaction to her question. Had she actually unnerved him? While it was a personal question, she didn't think it was one that regularly caused embarrassment. She definitely thought he shouldn't be embarrassed talking to her about it. It wasn't like she had her life plan together, either. See: favorite hobby #1, TBD. "It sounds like you're busy, at least," she said encouragingly. Like, he was actively trying to determine what he wanted to do. "It is weird...I don't know how anyone decides. Or at least, how anyone decides, and sticks with that same thing forever." Again, see hobby #1. "I wanted to go to uni, but my stepmum needed help at the B&B so...I've been working there, and trying to save up by living at home."

She shrugged. "It's looking more and more like I won't go to uni, but maybe someday? Business at the B&B isn't great, so I'll probably find another job soon." Hopefully. She knew the job market wasn't superb, especially since she had tried to find a job in London after graduation but it made more sense to live at home. And she hadn't had the apparition license at first, and she didn't want to floo to work every day.