Thread: Laundry Room
View Single Post
Old 05-17-2021, 07:19 PM   #9 (permalink)
Dumblydor

MO & DIMC
Dementor

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Alfred Demaret
Slytherin
Sixth Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watson View Post
It’s smart.” The tissue carrying thing. Practical too if you had allergies.

She was taken aback by Alfie’s comment around that he probably would cry too. Wait. Really? She hadn’t taken him for the type to cry- honestly she expected Daniel to be the next one to cry. If she had to choose an order of most likely to cry to least likely to cry out of the first years... it would be: V > Remy > Daniel > Her > Ollie > Jasper > Serena > Max > Alfie. Scarlett was still a wild card so she was not ranked. And she wasn’t entirely sure how Hufflepuff Alfie would fare either. So jury was still out on both of them. She mulled over what to say next as she tossed socks behind her. Finally, she spoke once more. “I never pegged you as someone who’d cry... I cry more out of frustration than anything. I should be better than this... Y’know?

She flushed again at his kindness. “Thanks,” she said as she slipped said tissue into her pockets. Oh? He had a CAT. Well co-owned it with his uncle? That was exciting! A smile appeared on her lips when he mentioned the name. “I like the name... Did you name it after the spice or the Marvel character?” she asked eagerly. “Or something else?

Out of the corner of her eye, she thought she had seen something move so she got to her feet and leaped towards the next pile. Darn.... nothing. She sighed.
Alfred didn't have allergies but he still carried tissues everywhere. His pockets were probably qualified to be a full first aid kit. He always made sure he had bandages and tissues, and sometimes carried ointment as well. All because he was clumsy in the name of emergency precautions. He had other stuff in there too. There were, most likely, a few knuts and sickles buried somewhere in there with the possibility of being accompanied by a number of galleons. A small quill and possibly a tiny bottle of ink may have also been in there. He was very thankful that his clothes had big pockets.

Despite what he might seem like, Alfred did cry sometimes. Once, he cried because his parents didn't let him go to a friend's house at midnight. And that was only a year ago. He looked back at the moment with severe embarrassment and internally cringed. "I do cry sometimes." But he rarely cried in front of people. The only people who had ever seen him cry (excluding when he was a baby) were his parents, his uncle Luca and his cousin Timothée, which, in total, made only five people.

"He's named after the spice because he's..." In hindsight, the reasoning was obvious. "Well, because he's grey." At this point, Alfred was subconsciously patting down the clothes quite hard and quick to find the chameleon, but when he realised he instantly slowed down and softened the pats. He didn't want him to get hurt, after all.