View Single Post
Old 05-17-2021, 01:18 PM   #84 (permalink)
Imsosikk07
Slytherin
Jarvey

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Eli Mercer
Seventh Year
Default catching up!

SPOILER!!: Euka/Time for Dreams....
"Many of you have talked about different dreams you had and things happening after you had dreamt it. This could very much be a part of Oneiromancy, but what you need to look for is patterns. Now Oneiromancy is best done after many different dreams and keeping a journal. The best thing to do with it is have a journal near your bed. When you wake spend the first few moments just laying still and letting your mind think about what you were dreaming. After a few moments sitting up and taking notes so you don't forget is a great way to be able to remember later and compare to other dreams. Always look for things out of the ordinary in your dream, patterns that repeat, or anything that feels like it is crying out to you." She walked around as she spoke and made sure to make eye contact with all the students that looked at her.

"Because it is the middle of the day and Oneiromancy for dreams we are going to do a little activity that involves the potion that you have been given. Now I know I'm new, you don't know me well, and some of you might not trust anything I give. I do understand that, but I will ask you to please take a leap of faith and trust me. This potion isn't very strong, it will work within minutes, but you won't be in a deep sleep so you may hear things around you. I am going to set a timer for fifteen minutes. The potion will last that long and when the timer goes off you will wake. Now this potion might be weaker than usual, but it will help you remember your dream. Now your chairs do have a little lever on the side and will lean back if you pick to do that or you can use the pillow at your desk." She checked her watch and then smiled, "Alright students, please go ahead and take your potion, happy dreaming."

ooc: activity time! As Meda said the potion is not a strong one, but they will dream. For this part of the activity just post them taking the potion and possibly beginning to dream. I will post in about 24 hours with the next part of the dreaming activity.

Listening to Euka, now Aibhi was just a little hesitant because even though it wasn't going to be a deep sleep, she was just afraid of waking up and screaming like she normally does from time to time if she did sleep since last year. But she wanted to keep an open mind about everything. Looking at her chair she saw the lever and she exhaled out softly before getting up from her desk and walked over to Euka's desk picking up a little potion vial and takes a seat back in her chair. She examines the potion in the vial looking at the color of it while she listens to the intructions. Fifteen minutes...? We can do that. It's just fifteen minutes. We'll be fine. totally fine... Wasting no time...she opened the vial and took the potion. Smacking her lips together still tasting it...it wasn't...a bad taste, but its a potion either way...it wasn't going to taste like cotton candy or rainbows. Grabbing the pillow she held it in her one arm as she put her chair back and laid back in her sleep. Holding the pillow in her arms, Aibhi closes her eyes and starts to breathe in...and out...very slowly until she drifted off into a little bit of a sleep...What dreams awaited her?

SPOILER!!: Activity
Meda wasn't sure how to feel with so many looked around suspicious or even maybe scared. How sad it was that so many adults had made them feel so uncomfortable that they didn't think they could trust a professor. She really hoped her sister wasn't one of them, but she could ask her at this point, so she did the next best thing and waved her wand to bring on a soft lullaby. The charmed music would help the students that didn't feel they could use a potion relax enough to sleep without it and the students that had taken the potion, well the music might just slip into their dreams you never knew how sounds effected a dream which was something she wanted to point out, but would wait until students were deeper into their dreams.

Walking around the room she made sure each student was safe and comfortable during this activity and she watched for any that might have stress inside their temporary moment away from reality. She did not want this activity to be stressful for anyone and wanted it to be a positive experience that could help them in the future.

Checking her watch she knew some would be starting into their dreams while others would still be slipping into sleep depending on if they took the potion or not. Glancing at Irvin who took guard at the door she smiled, he was such a well adapted bird and his love for students showed all the time.

As Aibhi drifted into her sleep, she began to hear soft lullaby music play. Huh...not sure if that's my mind or the classroom...but it's relaxing... She thought. Drifting...and Drifting...a dream began...

Feeling herself being tapped on her shoulder, she turns around seeing her brother, Wesley continue to tap on her shoulder. "What?" "You promised!" Aibhi wasn't sure of what he was saying until he takes her hand and starts leading her towards a house. It wasn't familiar to her and Aibhi kept her focus on the house "Wes, slow down." She pleaded. "Where are we going?

Wes let out a childish giggle as Aibhi realized her teen brother looked like he was no older than 8 or 10 at this point. Wes kept running and running leading Aibhi towards the house until they both ran inside. the house was quiet, lightly dimmed...and empty. "Wes, where are-" and with that, Wes was gone. As if he wasn't there to begin with. "Wesley? Where did you go?" She began to look around as best as she could in the dimmed-lit house and she searched herself for a wand or anything on her to give her a little bit of light for some extra help, but nothing. "Ok...this isn't...creepy at all..." She began her search for her brother.