Thread: Art Classroom
View Single Post
Old 05-17-2021, 12:54 PM   #7 (permalink)
aRogueOne

MLE & DERP
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sloane Aubrey Knott
Slytherin
Second Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Hooper Ridley-Rush
Gryffindor
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Jude Joel MacAfee
Law Enforcement

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watson View Post
Oh. Whoops! Lisa flushed pink and just gave the older girl a sheepish smile to her comment about wondering if Lisa knew she could go in. She suppose that she should have. Oooops. Hehe.

And now Lisa surprisingly really listened to what Ingrid was saying about her own experience during her first year. “Is it still weird being away from your Dad? Are you two close?” asked the shorter Ravenclaw with a curious glint in her eyes. “Do you ever get used to being away from them?” Now this was the fifty million dollar question she wanted to know. She suspected that you did and it was just natural to start growing away from one’s parents and siblings yet still... she wasn’t sure if she was ready for such a thing. Ah. Ingrid gave an answer to the question that she just mentioned. If you let it get easier, it does get easier. Get distracted with activities and friends. “is this your hide away or super secret place to come think?” if so, it seemed like a terrific place.

I have never gone flying or played gobstones. My brother has taken me dancing before. I started dance lessons over the summer but I really want to do taekwondo that sounded more fun. I also like origami because it reminds me of my Eomma and older sister, Maya,” said Lisa, offering Ingrid a smile as she reached for the origami paper.

With paper in hand, she took a seat near Ingrid. “What do you like to sketch?” She began by making a butterfly. She selected a bright purple piece of paper and started folding nice long lines.
The blush didn’t go unnoticed but Ingrid was far too kind to comment on it so instead, she simply continued on flipping through her sketchbook as she talked.

“I guess. I mean it’s not like I can’t go home for the winter holidays or anything so I can go back if I want? But I do enjoy Hogwarts so even though I miss him and my brother and sisters, I want to stay here too”, pausing for a moment before adding “We’re close”. They were all a close family which had been made more so by their mother, or lack of one being around, but she wasn’t about to mention that. As for getting used to being away, “Like I said, you just kind of, enjoy being here? So you don’t kind of get used to it as much as you find other things to keep you busy”. She wasn’t sure if that made sense but well, it kind of summarised how she felt about the whole thing.

“I don’t hide away here anymore. I want to enjoy being here? And hiding here always meant that I kind of felt sad here. So I come here to draw and get out things that are on my mind, but in a good way?” offering up her sketchbook for the other girl to look at now. As she flicked through, a variety of pretty dresses, both in black and white and coloured were visible with some being very detailed and others just rough sketches. Why they were on her mind however was a topic for another day and possibly a different person.

Listening to the girls’ various hobbies and interests, Ingrid nodded and smiled a little. The poor thing must have been so busy at home! “I honestly have no idea if you can do all of that at Hogwarts but I’m sure you could start a club for it and others would turn up and join you?” she offered helpfully. She could even ask the house elves to put up leaflets around the different common rooms if she wanted to go that route.

“I used to sketch magical creatures and people but now, I dip into clothes just as much” her blue eyes on the girl and butterfly she was now making out of paper. It really was somewhat calming. Grabbing a pencil, she found the previous drawing she’d been working on and continued to shade various parts with her pencil.