View Single Post
Old 05-17-2021, 01:14 AM   #7 (permalink)
Lissy Longbottom
Potterdom Mod
Book Club Mod

DMAC & DoM
Giant

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Moritz Schultz (#0f667e)
Ravenclaw
Seventh Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Nancy Schultz (#ac6f77)
Hufflepuff
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Jabari Rahal (#c54031)
Mysteries

Ministry RPG Name:
Calloway Bennigan (#b8b323)
Accidents & Catastrophes
x11 x1
curly haired prefect - "sometimes I get angry!" - 30/90 - *chicken emoji* - probably @ Disney - I speak dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felixir View Post
Oh, sure, there were plenty of ways to describe how last term had gone, but they didn't need to get all caught up in that kind of thing. Nem allowed another half-smile though; it was nice when the most innocuous comments were not called out as inappropriate or insensitive. It did, however, make it a little more challenging to know where the line was.

Which was only an issue when Nem cared to toe said line. Jury was still out on that today.

For a long moment, they didn't say anything, just looked at their fingers as they pressed several indents into the arm of the chair, watching as the material regained its shape again and again. "I don't know," Nem said at last, fairly honestly, slowly drumming their long fingers once, then laying them flat. They looked up at Recard with a steady stare. "Though I did wonder if there was anything you wanted to ask me. You'd be surprised how few questions I get. Proper questions." Or maybe she wouldn't, who was Nem to say. Regardless, this wasn't a new phenomenon, but it was interesting that, far from the events of last term triggering an onslaught, those around them seemed to have become even less willing to dig. "Custody interviews notwithstanding." A joke. A truthful one, but a joke nonetheless.

Funny, too, that so far it had been the kid of an Auror who'd seemed genuinely willing to give them the time of day. That was maybe worth thinking about.
Gabi paused, going over what Nem had said in her head. On the one hand, she felt bad for the kid. After all, they WERE still just a kid. It was a confusing time, being a teenager - put a world war into the mix, and that only complicated matters. But could one really use that to just write off what had happened? And to have custody issues on top of that...yikes. There was probably a LOT going on in that mysterious head of theirs.

"Really? That's curious," she said with a small shrug before pausing again. Truthfully she could see why - the rest of the students were probably scared. "How are you feeling? After all this?" she asked them. There were hundreds of other questions, of course - most of them revolving around WHY had they done any of it in the first place. But now that it was all behind them...how were they taking it? Did they regret their actions? Or did they feel pride?

Lookin' like a true survivor_________________________________feelin' like a little kid