Thread: Duelling Arena
View Single Post
Old 05-16-2021, 10:00 PM   #6 (permalink)
Harron Peasley
Dark Force Defense League

DERP
Mooncalf

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Reuben Albert Darcy-Stemp
Hufflepuff
Fifth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Billie Love Stemp
Gryffindor
Third Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Fintan Darcy
Ecological Protection
x3
Default From DADA Lesson 1
Sarah thinks I'm cute | Shan's safe space.

SPOILER!!: Ivy, Scarlett & the Room
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hey Ju View Post
Mess was Scarlett's middle NAME. That was, if Leonore meant mess, which it DIDN'T, but STILL. This Hufflepuff was ALL for mess. The stink didn't bother her the slightest EITHER. She smelled worst things before, so she could DEAL with this just FINE.

Looking around, she assessed the situation FIRST before deciding it was OKAY to take a few steps AWAY from the ignorant Hufflepuff and the nice Ravenclaw. Didn't Florence Charbonneau wanted her NOT getting in the way??? So BE it. Scarlett wasn't trying to be quiet EITHER.

SPLOSH SPLOSH SPLOSH she went, flicking her wand randomly causing a small light to appear on its tip. HEY, COOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! EHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A HINKYPUNK!??!?!?! Scarlett didn't know MUCH about those, but she knew enough to know there were CREEPY and something she should stay AWAY from in real life. But was THIS real life??????? IF that was a hinkypunk, would it be a REAL hinkypunk or a pretend one? Were the teachers allowed to handle such CREATURES???????? Besides, how did one even GET one of those to cooperate in a lesson??????

So, Scarlett assumed it was a fake one. BUT she'd play along.

Sploshing AWAY from the other girls, yep. BYE!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlwaysSnapesGirl View Post
She wasn't sure what she was expecting when she opened the door, but her foot sinking into mud probably wasn't on her list.

Wrinkling her nose at the smell of it all, Ivy shifted her feet, hoping for some stable not-muddy ground, but there didn't seem to be much. Even with her eyes adjusting to the change in lighting, she could tell they were in some kinda swamp or bog. The ground was all wet and muddy and gross.

But there did seem to be a light ahead somewhere... Very suspicious.

"Yeah, hinkypunk seems most likely," she replied, nodding at Florrie, then mumbled a quick "Lumos" as well to light the tip of her wand. The Homenum Revelio spell was a good idea too. Didn't hurt to cover their bases and make sure it wasn't coming from a human source. Good to be prepared and all that, like the Headmaster had said.

Only...wait, what was with all the sploshing? Where was the first year going? "Hey, wait! We should probably stick together." Though thank Merlin the girl didn't appear to be going towards the (possible) hinkypunk light at least?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaniDiNardo View Post
Hello travellers, welcome to the bog. Might we interest you in a nice, shiny light to illuminate your path through this...terribly dark and marshy place?

The light swings back and forth, trying to get their attention.

Wouldn't it be nice if we all followed such a helpful guide?

You know, if she thought the younger Hufflepuff would wander off and that would be the end of it, Florrie probably would have let her. But she had a feeling it would reflect badly on her grade, and that was just... Not okay. She was not failing because of a kid. If it was because of her own mistakes, that would be fine, but a kid?

Not happening.

And though she'd not given Ivy much thought before now (soz), Florrie found she was very grateful for the Ravenclaw being there. Especially when she called Scarlett back so that she didn't have to. "I'm not sure what we're supposed to do, because if this was real I would probably go in the opposite direction," Florrie was thinking aloud, for her own benefit as well as the other girls. "But this is a lesson, and I don't see any door, so maybe we have to... defeat the hinkypunk?" 'Defeat' for want of a better word. Either way, she was open to Ivy's thoughts, and she was keeping an eye on the first year.

⇀ Standing now, calling all the people here to see the show_____________________________
Calling for my demons now to let me go ↽