Thread: Art Classroom
View Single Post
Old 05-16-2021, 07:56 PM   #6 (permalink)
Watson
Dark Force Defense League

DMLE
Mooncalf

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Octavius Jude Salander
Ravenclaw
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Arabella Morgenstern
Law Enforcement
Slytherindor ♛ The Crazytastic Besties ♛ Shan Watson ♛

Quote:
Originally Posted by aRogueOne View Post
Watching the girl carefully, Ingrid tried her best to give off super cool, caring vibes but she wasn’t sure if it was successful or not judging by the way Lisa backed away from her as if she was scared or something. “Oh no, it’s fine. Really. I was just wondering if you knew you could go in”, a small smile on her lips now as she teased her jokingly.

Nodding a little at Lisa’s words, Ingrid nodded towards the room and headed towards one of the chares as she continued to talk. “I know what that’s like. Coming here first year, I’d never been away from my Dad. Never really been away from Scotland apart from to London to get my school things” so she kind of knew what it was like. Wanting to talk to her siblings and her father all of the time. Missing home and her own bed and all of her things in there. It was like being thrown into a lake full of freezing cold water for the first time and being told to tread water. “It gets easier though if you let it. It helps to keep busy and do loads of fun things….like art”.

Sitting down, Ingrid pulled out her own sketchbook and stared at her own drawings for a moment. They weren’t amazing really but it helped her think and digest things. “What kind of things do you like to do in your spare time? Flying? Gobstones? Origami?” The last one was more of an observation than anything. He eyes had indeed caught sight of the paper that the first year had slipped out from a drawer.

Ingrid watched for a moment as Lisa continued to bend the paper before eventually turning back to her drawings. Her own drawing was of some clothes she’d seen for sale in a muggle clothes shop. They looked…interesting but she wasn’t quite sure if they were her style. Or rather, she just didn’t feel confident enough to pull them off.
Oh. Whoops! Lisa flushed pink and just gave the older girl a sheepish smile to her comment about wondering if Lisa knew she could go in. She suppose that she should have. Oooops. Hehe.

And now Lisa surprisingly really listened to what Ingrid was saying about her own experience during her first year. “Is it still weird being away from your Dad? Are you two close?” asked the shorter Ravenclaw with a curious glint in her eyes. “Do you ever get used to being away from them?” Now this was the fifty million dollar question she wanted to know. She suspected that you did and it was just natural to start growing away from one’s parents and siblings yet still... she wasn’t sure if she was ready for such a thing. Ah. Ingrid gave an answer to the question that she just mentioned. If you let it get easier, it does get easier. Get distracted with activities and friends. “is this your hide away or super secret place to come think?” if so, it seemed like a terrific place.

I have never gone flying or played gobstones. My brother has taken me dancing before. I started dance lessons over the summer but I really want to do taekwondo that sounded more fun. I also like origami because it reminds me of my Eomma and older sister, Maya,” said Lisa, offering Ingrid a smile as she reached for the origami paper.

With paper in hand, she took a seat near Ingrid. “What do you like to sketch?” She began by making a butterfly. She selected a bright purple piece of paper and started folding nice long lines.