View Single Post
Old 05-16-2021, 02:57 PM   #13 (permalink)
astrocat
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Brandon Fox
Hufflepuff
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Phoebe Calypso [s]Dupont[/s]
Slytherin
Second Year
Which came first, the phoenix or the flame?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harron Peasley View Post
It wasn't that Florrie expected the art to be bad, more that the kid was... well, a kid, so she expected it to be a work in progress. For want of a better phrase. Average? Maybe. Probably.

She wasn't expecting the kid to bring out a folder and to go through every single person she'd ever painted. Florrie was actually impressed for the first few and it even showed on her face, but after a while she got bored and just kind of zoned out.

It was totally rude and the fifth year didn't care because she'd seen enough to admit that the younger girl was good, maybe great, but she didn't need to see all of them. When a self portrait was eventually held up, Florrie zoned back in, taking a step back to better compare the likeness. "That's... really accurate. Thank Merlin I have no spots today." She even offered the girl a big smile, but was it in relation to her flawless skin, or the painting? One wouldn't know.

"Okay, you're really good. I definitely want a copy."
Ash didn't really care if the girl was paying attention. What mattered was that her point was made.

What Ash did care about was that the girl had just commented on the accuracy of the self-portrait and then immediately started talking about how nice her own skin was. There was a lot to be implied there. "Uh huh." Ash didn't even have 'spots', just nasty scars and a depressing expression. So she nodded politely, glad that she wasn't as vain as the person she was talking to.

Ash kept all of her scars. She never made any effort to remove them. They were stories- her stories. There was only one that she had gotten rid of. It was the one that said 'liar' on her face. That was the only story that she didn't care to tell.

"Thank you. I'll bring you one tomorrow." She was sure that she could find her. Ash knew almost every hiding spot in the whole castle- she was super good at not being found. So she was pretty good at finding people and guessing where they would and wouldn't be. "If you know anybody that wouldn't mind being drawn, tell me. I'm trying to make a collection of just people at Hogwarts." Collect-them-all, kinda. She wanted to paint it all down.