View Single Post
Old 05-16-2021, 02:07 AM   #188 (permalink)
Waddles

DMGS & DMLE
Re'em

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sophia Svensson #556B2F
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kenneth Mills #666F26
Hufflepuff
Second Year
Games & Sports

Ministry RPG Name:
Gabriel Hawthorne-Melo #47316F
Law Enforcement
Constant Vigilance! O_O AWAKE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post

Nope. Not stinky. It was something that Catherine would claim just to spite him. Besides, he'd been through the practising of good hygiene since he was a kid-- one of the perks of having a self-conscious parent that has an aversion to messy (and smelly) things. If she'd only known his dad and his friends' obsession with having good hair and looking good all the time, then she'd understand. It's safe to say that the practice has been passed down to him and to his siblings, apparently... and well, his great glam mother's a perfumer, so smelly was never tolerated. Also, the elders in the Mordaunt clan aren't too keen on looking like a slob, and smelling like one. The family was synonymous to poise, apparently. It was something that Noah lacked.

The Gryffindor halved his graham cracker and placed a chocolate square on top of it as he nodded along, listening to Margaret. "That's cool, you get to live the best of both worlds, then." technically, they'd be muggleborns too in terms of how they live back home, but that's not how things work, yes? Not everyone shared the idea of living like a muggle like his parents do. Which is a shame really. Muggles are cool. "Before? You're... no longer friends with them?" because, that's sad. He still kept in touch with his muggle friends, "...I'm guilty of not being able to communicate with them during the term, but I made sure they understand why." Noah shrugged as he assembled two mallows on a stick, and stuck it into the flame, twirling the stick, toasting the mallows on all sides. "They know I study elsewhere, far from England, so they don't expect anything from me."

Noah slowly turned to look at Margaret and... what? Muggleborn and they don't do s'mores?! "Wha-- we should correct that today. I'll show you." Noah got his toasted mallows off the fire and placed it on his already assembled half-s'more, and used the other half of the graham cracker to press against the hot gooey mallow and pulled out the stick. "And...that's how you make a s'more." the Gryffindor pushed the assembled s'more towards Margaret's side of the plate, as he started to impale another set of marshmallows. "You can have that one if you like," he said grinning at her. "Best to eat it now while it's warm."
Best of both worlds? More like worst of both worlds, sometimes. Margaret shrugged, pulling her marshmallow out of the flames. Errrr...luckily for everybody, it had caught fire, burned to a crisp, and self-extinguished. Unluckily for Margaret, it was just...crunchy. She gingerly poked at it with a fingernail, and it disintegrated. Erm. "They're mad at me, because I didn't write. And then I didn't really hang out with them over the summer, either." She'd been too busy doing absolutely nothing. And, like, therapy. But mostly, doing absolutely nothing alone. It had been terrible, but hanging out with them and pretending nothing was wrong would have been worse. "It's okay though, because I have my brothers and, other friends." She didn't want him to think she didn't have Hogwarts friends, because she was very popular, okay? Okay!? Or at the very least, she got along with everybody.

She watched carefully as Noah demonstrated the proper way to roast a marshmallow: not completely submerged in the fire, and rotate it, and use two. And then he made a s'more. For her. Her eyes widened as she took the s'more he'd offered. That was so nice. She wasn't used to people being so nice. "Oh. Th-thank you, Noah," she stuttered, quickly taking a big bite of the s'more. "MMnmmf! Hot!!" She covered her face with her free hand so she could open her mouth and let the melty marshmallow steam out. "Sooo hot!" If she hadn't just met Noah, she probably would have glared at him for not warning her, but she had just met him so...she settled for a look of general panic.