Thread: Great Hall
View Single Post
Old 05-15-2021, 11:32 PM   #15 (permalink)
Deezerz

DMLE
Mooncalf

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Violeta X. Escalante
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Yulietta Escalante
Slytherin
Second Year
x8
That's Rough Buddy | Be the Flower | Moon & Stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by wednesday View Post
Why did Ollie go by Ollie instead of Olive? Oh yeah... "I just like Ollie because thats what my dad calls me. My mum named me Olive, but I've never met her so I prefer Ollie." Ollie's dad had wanted a boy and thats where the nickname Ollie came from. But once her mum left, her father only called her Olive if she was in trouble. Even her teachers at muggle school called her Ollie at her request.

It was nice for Serena to return the question to Ollie, even if it was obvious she didn't want to. Ollie understood. It was hard to make friends and be forward with people. Serena was one of the few that she had talked to without being prompted. Well, technically Serena had prompted her by asking her name first but.... " Its okay. This is my first time in the great hall before lunch. I never eat breakfast." She scrapped at the remainder of eggs on her plate. She had lost her appetite quickly - again, not a breakfast person.
She’s never met her mum. Yikes. Now, that sucks. Serena and her mum don’t get along, but she definitely knew she’d feel...sad if heer mum wasn’t in the picture. Her little brother and dad would be miserable without her.

“Fair enough,” Serena said, deciding not to prod further on the name thing. Now she was curious about something else. “How come you’ve never met your mum? Is she dead?” Straightforward, yes. But that was the only way Serena knew how to be whenever curiosity knocked at her door.

It was hard for Serena to make friends. Her bold attitude sometimes drove people away because she came off as unfeeling or rude. Really, she was just being true to herself and if others didn’t like it, they could go on their merry way. Ollie seemed okay so far, so Serena played along.

Wait. Ollie said what?!

“You don’t eat breakfast?” Her eyebrows rose high into her forehead, genuinely surprised. A rare sight. “How do you function without food?”