View Single Post
Old 05-15-2021, 10:21 PM   #12 (permalink)
Harron Peasley
Dark Force Defense League

DERP
Mooncalf

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Reuben Albert Darcy-Stemp
Hufflepuff
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Betony April Meadowcroft
Gryffindor
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Fintan Darcy
Ecological Protection
x3
Sarah thinks I'm cute | Shan's safe space.

Quote:
Originally Posted by astrocat View Post
Ash was very smiley inside today, although she hardly ever smiled outside. Happiness was a weakness, a tool your enemies could use. Something that people could take away. Pain, however, never seemed to help anyone, and so Ash held onto it as something that she felt her enemies could never use against her. Hope can't be squashed if it never existed. Happiness could never leave if it was never there to start. You cannot be unpleasantly surprised if you knew all along that unpleasantness is a default state. but guess what?

Ash often did have INTERNAL happiness that nobody could find and take away. And the source? PROVING PEOPLE WRONG. Ash loved loved loved to prove people wrong.

And this kinda sounded like the girl was expecting her art to be terrible, which was uncalled for considering that Ash had been doing art for years and took requests and everything. Yeah, I'd like to see that... haha, okay.

Ash pulled out a folder marked FACES.
She pulled out a bunch of pages.

"This one is Ollie and this one is Upstead and this one is my boyfriend and this one is my brother and this one is Noah and this one is..." cue an atrociously long list of names, each name matching an actually amazing portrait. Each subject had their own expression(some happy, some unhappy), and they were not more or less attractive than in real life. Nobody could say that Ash was not exactly accurate, even if the painting was of somebody ugly-crying into their hands or something.
"...and this one is me." Deep breath. That was a LONG list.
Was the girl satisfied or should she talk some more?
Ash would like to talk some more.
The girl had asked, and Ash was happy to answer.
Ash wasn't going to let anyone laugh at her expense.
It wasn't that Florrie expected the art to be bad, more that the kid was... well, a kid, so she expected it to be a work in progress. For want of a better phrase. Average? Maybe. Probably.

She wasn't expecting the kid to bring out a folder and to go through every single person she'd ever painted. Florrie was actually impressed for the first few and it even showed on her face, but after a while she got bored and just kind of zoned out.

It was totally rude and the fifth year didn't care because she'd seen enough to admit that the younger girl was good, maybe great, but she didn't need to see all of them. When a self portrait was eventually held up, Florrie zoned back in, taking a step back to better compare the likeness. "That's... really accurate. Thank Merlin I have no spots today." She even offered the girl a big smile, but was it in relation to her flawless skin, or the painting? One wouldn't know.

"Okay, you're really good. I definitely want a copy."

⇀ Standing now, calling all the people here to see the show_____________________________
Calling for my demons now to let me go ↽