Thread: Great Hall
View Single Post
Old 05-15-2021, 03:34 AM   #14 (permalink)
wednesday
Slytherin
Streeler

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Olive (Ollie) Burke
Second Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deezerz View Post
Serena’s baby blue eyes examined Ollie’s hand for a second. It wasn’t that there was something wrong with the girl’s hand, Serena just wasn’t much of a fan for physical touch. She had manners, though, and shook Ollie’s hand. “Ollie,” she amended. She was the second person to shorten their name. Serena was curious now. “Why not Olive?” she asked. Olives were alright. Especially on pizza.

There was a pause and then Ollie asked a conversation starter question, as Serena referred to. Was she trying to get to know her? Cute. Whereas outside of Hogwarts Serena would quickly turn that down and go her own way, she remembered her promise to her parents; she’d play nice and make friends. Or as she liked to phrase it, allies.

“It’s alright so far. I just woke up a few hours ago.” Is that how small talk went? “It’s parcel day, too.” And then it was her turn to ask, yeah? Yeah. “How’s your day?”
Why did Ollie go by Ollie instead of Olive? Oh yeah... "I just like Ollie because thats what my dad calls me. My mum named me Olive, but I've never met her so I prefer Ollie." Ollie's dad had wanted a boy and thats where the nickname Ollie came from. But once her mum left, her father only called her Olive if she was in trouble. Even her teachers at muggle school called her Ollie at her request.

It was nice for Serena to return the question to Ollie, even if it was obvious she didn't want to. Ollie understood. It was hard to make friends and be forward with people. Serena was one of the few that she had talked to without being prompted. Well, technically Serena had prompted her by asking her name first but.... " Its okay. This is my first time in the great hall before lunch. I never eat breakfast." She scrapped at the remainder of eggs on her plate. She had lost her appetite quickly - again, not a breakfast person.