View Single Post
Old 05-14-2021, 07:18 PM   #14 (permalink)
NiallNIP

DERP
Ravenclaw
Imp

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Quinn Kingsley
Third Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Kittredge Flannigan
The Gay Agenda™< >Homiesexual uwu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
A long-winded answer was exactly what Albert had been aiming for. Something to occupy the young man while he did his task, and at the same time get to know him. It was an effort to address his lack of socializing with his peers that the Ministry had no problems addressing in his performance sheet. His record was stellar, until said remark suggestion was inked on paper. He didn't like it one bit, but if he could get away with it, why not? He asked, the young man replied, all went good and according to plan.

By the time Finnegan was done talking, Albert was already finished with installing the repaired crates and began to usher in the older hounds back. He'd also kept a mental tally of the dogs that he was able to usher back, and those that followed Patterson into the Exercise Room. Oh Merlin, no...

"More than 13 years ago, the Sentinels were under the Beings Division, until recently. I would've known your old man if the reshuffling was made earlier." Albert said without looking at the younger Finnegan, both hands on his hips, his brows furrowed. Has it really been 14 years since he joined the Ministry?

However, his annoyance was apparent with his deduction. Albert sucked his teeth and scratched the back of his head. "Gentlemen, I believe we're missing a few hounds." some may already have escaped before Patterson found the Holding Room in total chaos. There definitely was a huge discrepancy between the number of crates, and the number of hounds present.

The Holding Room looked better from when they first found it though, so some of them can go out and look for the stray ones. Usually, he'd use a Patronus to send out a message to every department about the situation, and a simple set of instructions on how to handle the creature. But since it was still a bit early in the morning, the message would be useless, knowing that most are keen on arriving just at the last minute.

Besides, he's got a new set of hips-- might as well test drive it around the Ministry. "I'll go and look for the missing hounds. You're free to join when you're done with your tasks." Albert said as he headed for the door, eyeing the remaining Enforcement staff inside the room. "Double check everything, especially the food cupboard-- make sure it's locked. I expect to see your reports on my desk this afternoon. Carry on." he added as he opened the door and walked out of the Holding Room.

Kit nodded and frowned a bit at Mr. Morgenstern's response—if they had known each other then he might have been impressed—but it wasn't that big of a deal.

He perked up at Mr. Morgenstern's assessment of the dogs. "Oh... well that's... not very good, is it?" He listened to the rest of his orders and nodded. "Got it!"

Kit got back to checking the locks on the rest of that cages—they all seemed to be in order, from what he could tell—and then he slipped out to go look for the missing pups. Still carrying Mrs. Scuttlebuns, of course.