Thread: Laundry Room
View Single Post
Old 05-14-2021, 03:36 AM   #6 (permalink)
Watson
Dark Force Defense League

DMLE
Mooncalf

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Octavius Jude Salander
Ravenclaw
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Arabella Morgenstern
Law Enforcement
Slytherindor ♛ The Crazytastic Besties ♛ Shan Watson ♛

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumblydor View Post
Alfred didn't believe her lies. "You're clearly not okay." He pulled out a packet of tissues and gave it to her. He carried tissues on him all the time. Come on, it was impossible to know when you were accidentally going to spill a drink on yourself or not so accidentally spilt something on your homework. "Allez, tell me what happened." If it was a bully, Alfred was prepared to fight them. He despised bullies, especially when they picked on his friends.

"You're crying over a... chameleon?" Be nice, Alfred, remember empathy. He had to see this from her viewpoint. Despite that, Alfred still looked slightly taken aback. He would have thought it was something more serious. Not that this wasn't serious, he just assumed it was a very major issue and not this minor-to-mild issue. Plus, he would never be rude to anybody who hadn't done him any wrong at all. He scoffed when she supposed that she was a terrible chameleon parent. "Don't say that. You're not." He began sorting through the pile of laundry that Lisa had been rummaging through. "Come on, we'll look for him together."
Dang. He was good. Sharper than other people she had met thus far. She sighed and took the packet of tissues that he offered her. A slight redness crept onto her cheeks at the kind gesture from a friend. “Thanks Alfie.” She took the tissue and wiped her eyes before turning away to discreetly blow her nose. She always found it gross to listen to other people blow their noses hardly. It was a bizarre tick of hers. She took one more tissue to wipe her eyes, tossed both in the trash, before washing her hands with soap. She breathed in and out slowly, calming herself.

Yeah...

Saying that she was crying over a chameleon probably sounded a little silly and dramatic now in perspective but.. it was a big deal. Not like a bully big deal but still a BIG DEAL. This was the first pet that she had bought with her own money from lemonade and brownie stand sales over the summer. Her eldest brother had been with her the time she had bought it but it was Max who helped her find it. And she would be grateful to her Ravenclaw friend for his help. “I am... Probably silly but he’s the first creature that I’ve ever bought. We have a family dog, Bennet, and my brother as a cat. But.... this one is my own pet...” Losing Pascal meant she was irresponsible and not as mature as she thought she was.

MATURE? As if...pfft

She got to the ground again and Alfie told her that she wasn’t a bad chameleon parent. Lisa blinked her wide brown eyes ones she referred to as mud-dud mudkip as he began searching with her. He was being so nice. So so nice! What did she ever do to deserve a friend like him?!?

Thanks Alfie. You’re the best.” In that moment, she realized that she still had his packet of tissues and she gave out a little ‘Oh’ before handing it towards him. “Your tissue packet...” With that, she got back down and began sorting through piles. Nope... he wasn’t over here....

Do you have pets?