Thread: Law Enforcement: Office of Jake Upstead, Department Head
View Single Post
Old 05-12-2021, 03:59 AM   #11 (permalink)
Felixir

Book Club Mod

Alley Proprietor

MO & DoM
Banshee

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Charlie Upstead
Gryffindor
Third Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Aurelio Kaiser
Slytherin
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Daxton Prince
Mysteries

Ministry RPG Name:
Nikolai Kaiser
Minister's Office

Diagon Alley Employee:
Ezekiel Ransom-Kruus
Ollivanders
x12 x12
Lovely™ | Captain Hurted | Ariana's Bane | Resident Antagonist | Unparalleled Delight

SPOILER!!: scottie
Quote:
Originally Posted by kayquilz View Post
So Upstead preferred an open door policy to his predecessor. And more transparency would also be nice considering...well, didn't vampires like darkness?

Scottie thought for a moment before answering Upstead's question about which job he would even want. Auror was totally out of the question - he didn't have the temperament or gall required, but then again...he had proven himself wrong about a lot this past year or two. "I just...like to investigate and figure things out. Look at evidence and...just put the pieces together." Not necessarily be in the field, but...you know. Just...be active with his brain. He stared down at his hands uncertainly before looking back at his new department head. "I am...too smart to waste away in security. NO offense to good security people. I - " He stuttered a little, "I am bored, sir. And this last year taught me that."

He nodded, though, about not snooping and scooted further back in his chair, like SUPER far away from the paperwork, or as much as he could be. "No, sir, I won't. Not without permission, at least," he replied back gently.

OH.

OH?

He thought SCOTTIE would be well placed for it? Scottie couldn't help smiling every so slightly, his cheeks turning red. "I would be honored and overjoyed - I - " he was stuttered again. "Ihatethatman."

Jake glanced up from the file, made to speak, but swiftly thought better of it. I hate the lot of them. That was what he wanted to say, and that was the truth of the matter, but it occurred to him he was maybe not supposed to be quite so outspoken now he was in this role. Despite being more personally affected here in the Ministry by Goldwasser and the rest of them, it was the Rosier of the Lucien variety whom Jake harboured a special kind of resentment towards. Each of his three eldest had suffered in their own vastly different ways, and each was still suffering, as much as two of them seemed to believe they weren't. But Rosier was dead, and Goldwasser very much alive (uh... well... anyway) and on the loose, and therefore the more pressing issue.

After a few seconds following this line of thought, Jake settled for a grim smile. "I'll make sure you get the details." Of the task force, or whatever they ended up calling it. That. He'd pull something together soon.

"As for a different position, we have plenty of scope for investigating and riddling things out." More so outside the Security Office than within it, that was true, but then Security had not even always been part of this department. "There's the Auror Office, which would require a lot of training, or the Magical Law Enforcement Squad, where you could work up to Hit Wizard. More training required there too." There was another Ferguson in the Squad, Jake knew, but would that make Scott more or less likely to make the switch there? Either way, both included the kind of work he'd specified. "Or perhaps the investigative team, in the Improper Use of Magic division. It's not so much about catching out and out criminals, but there's obviously plenty of investigative work, and undercover operations, and you'd be less likely to get bored there than where you currently are. You meet the requirements for Junior Investigator already, and there's opportunity for advancement."

Jake leaned back in his chair and considered Ferguson. "Any of those options sound appealing?"

_____

SPOILER!!: missa
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samia View Post
Even though there really wasn't any reason to be .... Missa felt nervous. Sure, she was just a YATI - but at least she wasn't just a clueless first year YATI anymore.

The box of Mrs Rasting's cookies in hand, the brunette took a deep breath and knocked on the new department head's door. It was time. An initiative was necessary. A ridiculous kind of desperation was starting to build inside her, and if she didn't push herself forward - she knew she'd soon drown in her 'what ifs'

Hopefully .... Jake Upstead was more approachable than their previous department head.

SPOILER!!: ronan
Quote:
Originally Posted by lazykitty View Post
As much as he wanted to go right back to his desk and get back to work, Ronan figured he'd better let the boss know he was back from his medical sabbatical first. Besides, he wanted to see if there was any new information on the cause of his little unplanned break. And he might just be on a slight fishing mission to see who even knew what about that night. After all, he'd heard Fletcher's little address so he knew the fact that a certain wanted man was actually a vampire was being kept from the public at least. Who else were they keeping in the metaphorical dark? And why?

He knocked on the door to Jake's office, then leaned back against the wall, crossing his arms so that his left hand (and the new ugly scar there) was hidden from view. He wasn't really keen on going into where the scar had come from with his coworkers just yet.

Spotting Missa there holding, he smiled. "Sucking up already?" he asked, teasing.

Drowning in (unfortunately totally necessary) paperwork inside the office, Jake was more than happy for the interruption. Double interruption. Or perhaps just an impatient solitary interruption. Either way, it was welcome. If he didn't communicate verbally with another human soon, he was going to lose his mind.

Preferring to be on his feet for at least a moment or two today, he went to the door himself to see who was on the other side of it. "Renaldi. Carter." Mysterious box. "Who was first?" Joint visit seemed unlikely, but he could be wrong.

You are Chocolate!