Thread: The Black Lake
View Single Post
Old 05-11-2021, 01:56 AM   #77 (permalink)
astrocat
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Brandon Fox
Hufflepuff
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Phoebe Calypso [s]Dupont[/s]
Slytherin
Second Year
Which came first, the phoenix or the flame?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazinga View Post
Gemma listened to what the healer said and had heard it before, that they had made peace, but how could they have made peace if they didn't know they were going to go, that they were taken away. How could anyone find peace in that? She didn't understand and she felt like screaming, but she knew she couldn't. No, she was fine, everything was fine.

Well... it was fine until the headmaster's son spoke up and then Ashley. She felt rage at that point and stood up. "HOW DARE YOU! BETRAYED!!! MY MOTHER WAS CURSED BECAUSE SHE TRIED TO PROTECT US. I WATCHED HER PAIN AFTER THAT FIRST LESSON WHEN SHE WAS. I WENT TO VISIT HER AND SHE TRIED TO HIDE IT, BUT SHE COULDN'T. " The tears hit before she could stop them, she didn't want them, SHE WAS FINE! "YOUR DAD IS STILL ALIVE KALE. SHE STILL GET HIM, MY MOTHER DIED TRYING TO PROTECT US. SHE DIDN'T BETRAY US!!" She watched him walk away, good just go away.

She stared at Ashley too, "You wouldn't just try to understand, you kept just pushing, you put them in those positions. They tried to warn us, tried to give us clues, but you just kept pushing." Taking the bread in her hand she threw it at the girl taking all the emotions she had built up out on the only source she could at the moment.
Ash was not very good at processing emotions. She reacted to everything and she reacted strongly. Like a dangerous chemical reaction that exploded stuff.

So, as Gemma threw a piece of bread at her, she caught it, barely processing the throw before some gross food was in her hand and her emotions were overcoming her.

She crushed the food.
Then she dropped it.
Then she spoke.

"I don't mean professor Kitridge. SHE never betrayed us ever- also, neither did Schmoe, in case anybody wanted to know. He always helped us." And honestly, it was lowkey dumb of the girl to think that she meant to call a martyr a traitor. "I mean the bystander people at the ministry who didn't see any PROBLEMS with what was happening until they had full support behind them. And the ones who didn't care until their pure blood was in danger or whatever." Let's be honest, how many people had spoken out when bad change was being brought upon them? Clearly not that many.

"And- I CAN'T SHUT UP AND SIT DOWN BECAUSE I WOULD DIE IF I DID. I don't get to live happily ever after if I let pureblood supremacists step all over me. I don't get to live at all. THAT MEANS DEATH, BY THE WAY." She wasn't talking to Gemma at all, she was addressing the universe. "You all like to talk about my dangerous decisions and how people will die because of me, but I DON'T HAVE A CHOICE. Sitting in silence doesn't mean safety for me, so you can all shut up about how much risks I take, when I'm going to die for this someday anyway and nobody cares enough to stop that... might as well get hurt for a cause... so if you want to tell me I'm stupid, go right ahead. But I'm not the one standing by violence and trauma without doing anything... and I'm not talking about kids- I get it - living etc. - but I do mean adults. They're supposed to protect us but they don't. Anyway, my rant is over, you can all yell at me now. Go give me detention or something, Healer Poppy. I'm sure I'm like, breaking rules or whatever by doing this."

Stay out of trouble... keep your head down... they did not get it. That meant death for her. Didn't they see how she could never be safe. "ALSO, this is no longer a mandatory therapy thing, because I'm not coming back. You're all welcome, I'm sure that will make it much better now that I'm gone. Sorry for making you all miserable and worried all the time."

Goodbye, Gemma. Goodbye, Poppy. Goodbye to this whole stupid 'therapy session'. Goodbye to the people who inevitably hated her now. She said what she said. She stuck by it. She ran off towards who-knew-where to go break some stuff, long before she heard the session was over.