View Single Post
Old 05-11-2021, 01:24 AM   #89 (permalink)
MadAlice

Alley Proprietor

DoM
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Hope Archard
Ravenclaw
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Jane Elspeth Howard
Mysteries

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krel Ansell View Post
"I'm pretty sure that was the point of the fire," Conley agreed. "The fact that it was an area of the Ministry full of muggle technology was probably just an added bonus for him."
"Yes, and also the Muggle technology contained equipment that couldn't be extinguished with just water," Jane replied. "By the way, I've been thinking that if they're going to continue having Muggle technology there, they ought to get some Muggle fire extinguishers to deal with a future accident."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krel Ansell View Post

"I've privy to some things about the troubles with the Alliance abroad, but not much out of Germany...What exactly have you heard Jane?"
Jane thought a minute about exactly which points to tell him. "Well, there's a lot of Alliance graffiti showing up in various places, acts of petty vandalism here and there. Nothing that serious in itself, but that sort of thing is usually the precursor to more violent acts." Jane paused, looking down into her coffee mug.

"There was one incident in a wizarding neighborhood in the Munich area where a whole gang of people--they kept their faces covered so they couldn't be identified, but it was presumed they were Alliance supporters--they marched down the streets shouting anti-Muggle slogans and breaking the windows of shops and residences belonging to Muggleborns or Half-Bloods, even Pureblood wizards who associated with such."

Jane looked back at Conley as she spoke again. "And there've been disappearances--people with Muggle heritage and others. My old mentor--the Potions Master with whom I did my apprenticeship, Gerda Durkheim, very well respected in the Guild, maybe a little...notorious, even. There've always been rumors about her, all sorts of things, but one is that she is part Dwarvish. And it may be true, she's rather short and squat and knows a lot of ancient lore. She never told me, one way or the other, but the point is, people think it's true, and now...she seems to have vanished. Her lab, her office at the Alchemical Institute, her house--there's no sign of here anywhere and I haven't been able to reach her with any messages."