View Single Post
Old 05-10-2021, 10:37 PM   #6 (permalink)
ArianaBlack
Admin
Assistant Forum Manager
Quibbler & Newbie Mod

DMLE & DMT
Ashwinder

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Alfie Adair
Hufflepuff
Second Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Laini Gracae-Ryans
Slytherin
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Tomasz Łaska
Law Enforcement
x10 x1
Default apologies for the delay <3
doesn't proofread tweets | #wrongaboutcereal | #siriusly? | emo to the extremo

SPOILER!!: Teddy
Quote:
Originally Posted by feeheeheeny View Post
With permission to enter granted, Teddy was a little hesitant to enter, anticipating the various states the man could be in - but when he entered, it was about what he expected, truthfully. Schmoe wasn't crying, which was good, and while the office was in a state of disarray, it didn't faze Teddy.

"Hi, professor," was his chipper greeting, perhaps a bit too chipper for the occasion. That was just Teddy, though. "Just wanted to stop by and... check in on you." He shrugged. "Not really a secret that last term was hell, and perhaps more so for you than most." They all suffered, but the torment the Muggle Studies professor was put through was... a special brand of torture. Teddy could rationalize the man's morale being at an all-time low, but he hoped things were looking up in that capacity. "I wanted to offer my services, for anything you might need. Cleaning, re-organizing, moving things... whatever seems like a lot right now. I mean, everything is a lot, for everyone, but your Ravenclaws will do what they can to help, if you just ask." Did he know? "My sisters, too, and likely countless others."

Teddy knew he didn't have any real authority to speak on behalf of the whole student body, but he figured Schmoe would get the point: his students were there for him.

"Mr. James," Finneas greeted the young man with a awkward sort of smile that still managed to exude qualities of warmth. It was the Schmoe way. "That's, er, that's very..." Finneas was touched, to say the least. He had gone soft. Can't spell Schmoe without EMO. "That's very kind of you, Teddy." Schmoe looked down at the box in his hands for a moment just to focus on something else, before looking back up to address the sixth year.

Teddy had been just a first year when Finneas started teaching at Hogwarts. It was ... so strange how quickly time went by.

"I, er, I suppose I could use some expertise on organization, if you have any advice to share?" Heh. It was no secret that Finneas wasn't the most put together professor in the castle. He didn't even make the top 12.

Heh, AnYwAy, where were his manners!? "Would you like some tea? Or I, er, I also have hot cocoa?" Yes, let him get on that. He'd just set the box... Over in this corner. That seemed like a good place for a box. Whew! His arms were SORE.

SPOILER!!: Ash
Quote:
Originally Posted by astrocat View Post
Ash kept feeling uneasy. The unease came from a nagging feeling that maybe she was wrong. About everything. Ash could be blind sometimes, but she wasn't blind to other people's opinions about her. She was well aware that most people thought she was unable of making decisions. She couldn't understand why. Sure, she made stupid decisions, but she knew what she was getting into when she made them and understood the consequences. She wasn't reckless, she was just... willing to ignore the consequences. Reckless meant you didn't think about the consequences. Ash thought about them all the time, she just didn't care.

But she still felt uneasy about this. Hence why she was knocking on Schmoe's door. If anyone could reassure her that being defiant didn't make her an idiot, it was Schmoe. She was pretty sure she trusted him. He'd suffered consequences too. Did he regret defiance? That was Ash's big worry at the moment. If an adult she respected thought that everyone should just stay out of trouble and stop speaking out, then maybe she was doing something wrong. Maybe she was hurting other people with her actions. Maybe she should just... be quiet for once and stop standing up to superior forces that she couldn't beat. But she wouldn't believe it until she heard it from Schmoe. Her would know the right answer to her question.

Do you regret standing up?
Should I?

Finneas was just preparing some tea when he heard the knock on his door. Setting the kettle down, he moved to open the door in that bumbling way of his. "Hullo, Ms. Fox," he offered her a warm smile as he opened the door in full. "Would you, er, would you like to come in?" He hadn't the faintest idea as to what brought her here today, but he was pleased to see her. Finneas had been meaning on checking in. Last term was a rough one for her, particularly.

Schmoe gestured to welcome her inside. Luckily, he had managed to... somewhat organize the place and the beanbag chairs were extra inviting today - he had taken a quick break to sit in one earlier today. "I've just prepared some tea." He had an assortment of tea bags if she wasn't a fan of the chamomile he had prepared with loose leaves. Many options to choose from.

You are Lemon!